Summary: Collects multifaceted data, analyzes information and makes recommendations which drive decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performance Standards: Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, and Shared Values & Culture.
- Assists with collection of data through various methods such as chart reviews of patients, aggregates data, analyzes data for trends, recommends alternative courses of action, and measures success of changes.
- Assists with the collection of data and analysis as required to maintain certifications or ensuring optimal reimbursement of services provided.
- Assists with development and implementation of physician office patient safety or quality improvement initiatives and assuring success of through the use of appropriate tools to help problem solve and benchmark.
- Identify strategic opportunities for improving preventative screening rates, chronic disease management, and customer satisfaction through rigorous data analysis.
- Assists with core measure and registry abstraction, analysis, improvement, and data submission.
- Provides assistance in analyzing performance data and trends to achieve enterprise-wide Performance Improvement goals ensuring that data is accurate, meaningful, and easily interpreted.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy in abstracting clinical information and proficiency in the required data abstraction tools.
- Accurately interpret data definitions and communicate both verbally and in writing to key leaders to facilitate improvements.
- Track and validate data accuracy and timeliness.
- Perform assurance tasks such as inter-rater reliability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in health related field required
- Masters degree (Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or Nursing) is preferred
West Virginia University Hospitals - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard