Effectively follows Incoming Inspection Program by the orderly scheduling, evaluation and administration of incoming commodities as per procedure.
Effectively coordinates and administers the calibration program for the manufacturing plant, product development, research and physics areas as per procedure.
Must display working knowledge of geometric tolerance and dimensioning (GT&D), lineal mechanical dimensioning and mechanical drawing interpretation.
Effectively determine and communicate part defects to quality and engineering personnel.
Develop, prepare, and analyze trend reports for calibration and incoming goods on a monthly, quarterly and as required basis.
Ability to investigate non-conformances and communicate results as required.
Work with technical personnel to develop incoming goods evaluation routines and documentation as per procedure.
Read technical documentation to assure certified commodities purchase meet the predetermined acceptance criteria.
- Ensure safety considerations and requirements are pro-actively addressed and implemented in incoming good and product production areas.
- Supports Safety and Health Program by following procedures and advising others.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move physical inventory weighting up to 30 pounds and lift and /or move inventory with the assistance of lifting devices weighting or exceeding 100 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to climb ladders, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required during the manufacturing, inspection, and testing of components and products.
- Must know fork lift operation and demonstrate proper application of slings, cranes and lifting devices.
- Must be able to work on feet for 6 hours per day.
- Qualified applicants must have a minimum of a 2 year associate degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Design or 3 to 5 years technical working experiences.
- 1 to 4 years experience in a machine tool, manufacturing or equal environment, plus if the candidate has worked in a regulated industry (medical, nuclear or defense).
- Must comprehend written documentation and write at a High School Graduate level.
- Must be able to work independently and schedule workload with supervision.
- Must be flexible and open for changes in routines and scheduled work hours
- Must be able to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Email