Job-Seekers Only - No Third Party Recruiters, Please
Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer Job Description
Media entrepreneur Robert F.X. Sillerman founded Viggle after pioneering a number of successful television, radio and live entertainment ventures. Mr. Sillerman created the company in June 2010 to develop businesses, products and services that encourage consumers to engage with different types of entertainment content such as TV, movies, games and music.
Launched in January 2012, Viggle is a free second screen media platform that rewards its members for watching their favorite TV shows. Viggle enhances TV with interactive games like Viggle LIVE and the first ever real-time fantasy sports game MyGuy. Viggle members get rewarded for their TV time from places like Best Buy, Papa John’s, Fandango, Hulu Plus and Groupon, among others. Viggle also allows like-minded fans of their favorite shows to connect through Viggle Chatter features. Viggle’s audio verification technology recognizes shows on TV and allows members to check into live and DVR’d TV content from more than 170 of the most popular broadcast and cable channels.
Why work at Viggle?
Our development processes are agile and transparent. Flexibility is the name of the game!
- Our workspace is open, the team is small, and collaboration is encouraged. You’ll have the ability to connect directly with other teams to share knowledge and affect the decision-making process
- You get direct exposure to the public at a massive scale. Everything you do will affect millions of people who love using our app!
- Viggle is an open-minded company and we love to experiment with technology. You’ll get the chance to implement cutting-edge tools and techniques if they are the right tool for the job
We’re looking for a creative, thoughtful engineer to join our growing Quality Assurance team. At Viggle, we understand that testers thrive on curiosity: we encourage you to leverage your creativity and unique ideas to find important information fast, and we’ll give you whatever tools you need. You’ll be an integral part of our technology team, and you’ll work directly with other engineers and the business to help deliver a fantastic experience for our consumers, users and business partners.
We’re looking for someone to get their hands dirty exploring many different and unique systems, with the energy and enthusiasm to spot serious issues. Specifically, we’re looking for someone with a great track record in testing:
Functional testing, stress, performance, high volume automation, etc. are all testing techniques we’re looking for, and you’ll be given the opportunity to try out new techniques as the need arises. Challenges this team may face include testing content delivery, caching optimization, network protocol issues, multiple redundancy, mobile product issues, and much more.
- consumer and business web applications
- mobile applications
- transactional / financial systems
- cross-enterprise integration, etc.
- service based architectures
- At least three (3) years of Software Quality Assurance/Testing experience.
- At least two (2) years of Software Development experience.
- Knowledge of testing techniques and tools used in testing large scale web services.
- Demonstrable writing and communication skills.
- Track record of finding bugs that materially affect the business.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with GUI automated testing tools (Selenium, FitNesse, Watir, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages like Bash, Java, and Ruby.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Test::Unit, xUnit, etc.
- Experience with performance testing tools like JMeter, Apache Bench, httperf
- Knowledge of agile development practices, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields.
- Experience with Networking protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, RDP, VNC)
- Familiarity with context-driven testing and the latest industry practices.
- Experience with Device Anywhere
About Viggle Inc.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
The company, Viggle Inc. (Symbol: VGGL), was originally named Function(x) Inc. The Company changed its corporate name to Viggle Inc., and its stock symbol to VGGL in June 2012.
For more information, follow us on Twitter @Viggle or like us on Facebook.
Viggle is an equal opportunity employer. Viggle recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Viggle is a loyalty program for television that gives people real rewards for checking into the television shows they're watching. Currently...