This position is a Senior QA Analyst position testing insurance application software. The Tester will work on a team and closely collaborate with the team members including developers and product owners, helping to fully test requirements manual testing techniques allowing for product owner acceptance of the specified functionality. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager under the Engineering Department.
• Work closely with other QA Analysts, Business Analysts and Developers on the assigned team.
• Interact with project teams to ensure high-quality requirements, design, development and release of software.
• Perform manual using new and/or developed test procedures to identify system defects and opportunities for better system quality.
• Translate high-level business requirements into testable and measurable low-level business requirements.
• Learn business functionality of StoneRiver’ products as a byproduct of testing.
• Create Test Designs that will Test functionality delivered against requirements
• Create and execute test cases and Produce Test Results
• Work closely with developers and product owners and provide constant feedback
• Communicate Issues
• Execute Regression and Sanity Tests
• Create intermediate level SQL queries involving multiple tables within the database structure
Additional, Non-Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
• Familiar with the practice of continuous process improvement
• Insurance application knowledge
• Experience with Rational tools a plus
People Management: N/A
Fiscal Management: N/A
Property Management: N/A
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education, Certification, License, Training
Job Related Experience:
• Minimum of 5-7 years experience in software testing
• 3+ years developing, executing and maintaining test documentation.
• 3+ years in conducting regression tests.
• Knowledge of SQL and basic Select statements.
• Knowledge and experience of common Quality Assurance concepts and practices.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to write intermediate level SQL statements and use DB tools to query database for data integrity.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer related field (preferred) or related industry experience and 4+ years software testing experience.
• Position requires the ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
• Uses vision to view screens, create and review documents; requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Capable of using a keyboard effectively
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move 25 pounds
Employee must perform all of the essential functions/responsibilities for classification in this position.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absence or relief, or to equalize peak workload periods.