The Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to plan, design, architect, and deploy effective test suites and regimes for in-house product and solutions development, software application development, information system launches, and operations systems enhancements. This individual will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve systems/software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
• Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and deploy testing techniques for new applications, products, solutions and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
• Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements, functional requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, meet interface specifications and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Create and execute test scripts, test cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
• Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
• Verify and revise software testing standards as needed
• Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications and communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
• Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
• Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
• Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
• Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
• Log the system or application errors into company approved bug tracking software
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-testing best practices.
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
People/Fiscal/Property Management: None
Job Related Experience/Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or related field. Experience may be substituted for education requirements.
• 3 years related work experience.
• Direct hands-on experience with automated testing tools preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written
• Technical expertise: Demonstrates knowledge and experience in data processing
• Strong team player; work effectively in groups; and help others to get the job done
• Decision making: ability to analyze, integrate, evaluate and make decisions
• Motivation: Establish and communicate vision. Demonstrate enthusiasm and excitement toward achieving project goals
• High quality standards: accuracy, neatness, thoroughness and organizational skills
• Quantity standards: Completes work in a timely manner to meet production deadlines
• Organizational skills: Ability to establish priorities for projects to meet goals
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absence or relief, or to equalize peak workload periods.
StoneRiver - 2 years ago