Come join us! Rentrak is an information management company serving clients in the entertainment, media, retail, and advertising industries. If you're sharp, hard working, and enjoy a cooperative work environment, we're offering a place where you can work alongside talented peers working on interesting, dynamic and fun projects. We're a small enough company that you can make a big difference here, but we're big enough to reach a national audience.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to add to our growing company of talented team members.
The Quality Assurance Analyst will conduct thorough product testing and maintain agreed upon quality standards in order to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers. The QA Analyst will work to understand the business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications. Additionally this role will evaluate and test new or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Writes and executes detailed test cases; performs complex manual, integration, and regression tests
- Documents software issues and enhancement requests and assists development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problems found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests
- Verifies resolved Jira issues and maintains accurate status for Jira issues entered and assigned
- Assists fellow team members and customers with problem reporting and resolution and maintaining appropriate follow-up communications throughout the resolution process
- Creates master test plans with clearly defined test objectives
- Contributes towards QA estimation and scheduling process
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience/knowledge
- 3+ years of experience in quality assurance, preferably of complex web based software products (1-3+ years of experience with a Master's Degree) required
- Knowledge of or experience in the TV, Radio, Digital or Print ratings business desired
- Knowledge and experience with large data sets (big data) across multiple products desired
- Knowledge and experience writing SQL queries highly desired
- Knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills
- Ability to comprehend complexity, to fully understand a product with all of its business and technological implications in order to become a subject matter expert, and to approach the improvement of its quality from that perspective
- Good computer skills, including but not limited to: knowledge of multiple software programs (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, Jira, etc.), operating systems, web browsers, basic networking skills, and basic hardware knowledge
- High degree of efficiency and motivation in work habits in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Committed to meeting testing deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical team members
Rentrak headquarters are located in beautiful Portland, Oregon, near scenic mountains, beaches, and rivers. Our office has convenient access to public transportation and the freeway.
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
Rentrak Corporation proudly supports Affirmative Action. Rentrak Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. Rentrak participates in eVerify.