Savvis, which merged with CenturyLink in July 2011, is an outsourcing provider of managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications. By outsourcing to Savvis, enterprises can focus on their core business while Savvis ensures the quality of their IT infrastructure. Leading IT organizations around the world have selected Savvis to help them improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, energy, real estate, staff and expertise. As a pioneer in utility computing, Savvis understands and harnesses the latest advances in technology such as virtualization, cloud computing and support process automation.
GOCS Quality Assurance Analyst
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Description: As a member of the Global Operations Organization; the quality assurance (QA) department is an organization that works to ensure all products meet customer specifications. QA Analysts work to determine the root cause of defects to prevent recurrence of the issues and/or quality problems. The Quality Assurance Analyst uses data collected from inspections and testing procedures to determine the cause of quality issues. The QA Analyst will develop and implement test strategies for customer installations to ensure quality.
- Support the Install to Support hand-off process
- Maintain high quality standards while respecting customer go-live goals.
- Obtain a 50% improvement in the applicable audit items.
- Utilize industry best-practice QA processes for the Savvis and customer environments to achieve maximum quality and efficiency.
- Responsible for working within the Savvis test strategy
- Accountable for all detailed test plans for all projects for each required phase.
- Help to develop an effective methodology of sharing silo functional testing knowledge across the wider community.
- Assessing GSIO compliance with policies and procedures and reporting results to the leadership team.
- Development / modification of policies and procedures.
- Report on quality metrics.
- Follow standards in accordance with company policy and regulations
- Identify risks for any test project issues with accountability for resolving all escalated testing issues.
- Ensure effective test process improvement feedback by providing information back to the best
- Build and lead a team that will implement the test plan and detailed testing activity.
- Establish customer acceptance criteria.
- Assist in the creation of the customer hand off process to the Savvis support team
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Vantive experience
- Experience at benchmarking and establishing standards
- Experience in writing test plans
- Proven experience with testing and data verification
- Ability to communicate complex issues into common terms
- Ability to create scorecards and other assessment tools.
- Strong team player, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Advanced abilities with the Microsoft Office Suite
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Project Management
- ITIL Foundation Certification
• Must have Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent training and work experience
• Minimum 3+ years’ experience working in a similar role, with experience writing test plans and test cases, and experience in conducting audits.
• Have broad data center operations background combined with quality and continuous improvement
• Have a hands-on working knowledge of common QA best practices for functional, scalable and performance based factors and latest quality control and test automation practices.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone
SAVVIS Inc. - 19 months ago