RPM Mortgage, Inc. is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Auditor to join our dynamic team. The primary responsibilities are to perform pre-funding and post-close audits of loans, which requires skills of a highly experienced (Level III) Underwriter. In addition, this role is to determine and assess borrower’s individual creditworthiness and risk for residential conventional/FHA/VA/USDA real estate loans. This opportunity is located at our Home Office in Alamo, CA and reports directly to the Director of Quality Control.
- Coordinate with Director of Quality Control to obtain assignments for selected loans.
- Communicate effectively with members of the mortgage bank team(s) that have worked on the loan to make inquiries and to resolve or escalate issues found in each file.
- Review and analyze complex borrower profiles, tax returns, title reports, credit reports, income documentation and appraisal products in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Evaluate debt ratio, loan-to-value ratios, credit score, property valuation, and various other factors (including risk issues and potential fraud).
- Review and analyze special conditions, loan deficiencies, and exception requests.
- Review and analyze collateral/closing documents.
- Analyze files submitted through DU and LP and cross-reference findings with written loan approval.
- Review complex appraisals for accurate property valuation.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of Mortgage Banking experience is required.
- 3 years of current Residential Underwriting experience is required.
- Experience underwriting government loans is a plus.
- Proficiency with mortgage bank software systems such as DataTrac, Fannie Mae’s Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan.
- Processor, Calyx Point and Chase Zippy knowledge is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience underwriting Conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans.
- Skills and knowledge to underwrite jumbo loans of up to $2M.
- Highly detailed oriented, takes initiative and has the ability to communicate effectively with all team members in both verbal and written.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. ranked 6th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of Mortgage Loan Professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. - 4 months ago