The Quality Assurance Auditor conducts internal audits at the TIMCO Aerosystems facilities to verify compliance with TIMCO Aerosystems, FAA, policies and procedures. The Quality Assurance Auditor is also responsible to conduct vendor audits.
Conduct routine facility audits and surveillance to verify compliance with TIMCO Aerosystems, FAA, policies and procedures relating to engineering and manufacturing requirements.
Participate in Certification Projects as assigned.
Conduct periodic audits of receiving discrepancies and maintain metrics of vendor performance.
Identify systemic problems with the functioning of TIMCO Aerosystems policies and procedures
Maintain adequate records of discrepancies noted and corrective action taken. Perform follow-up audits to identify and prevent recurrent problems.
Assist with the implementation of long term solutions of recurring problems as assigned.
Continually monitor for any TIMCO Aerosystems policy and procedural, FAR, safety, and/or operating procedure violations.
Record discrepancies on designated forms.
Perform on-site inspections and audits of vendors/agencies to ensure basic requirements are met - certifications, facilities manuals, tooling, safety, and standard practices.
Ensure accountability to conduct themselves within all guidelines of company, FAA, and work rules, and regulations (ex. Engineering Procedures Manual (EPN), Quality Procedures Manual (QPM) and contractual agreements.
Participate in TIMCO Aerosystems continuous improvement activities.
- At least five (5) years experience in the aviation product manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Basic computer skills.
- A thorough understanding of 14 CFR Parts 21, 25, 43, and 121.
- A working understanding of the EASA and other foreign aviation authority requirements.
- Must have no travel restrictions.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Expertise in mechanical drawing interpretation.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Language (read, write, and understand English).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to lead people and accept responsibility.
Timco Aviation - 23 months ago