Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer, Financials
Date: June 12th, 2013
The Quality Assurance Engineer, Financials will work closely with Finance users to understand complex financial business flows and develop, maintain and execute comprehensive test suite to ensure high quality of software releases.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Responsible for high quality of production deliveries. Partner with Project Managers, Dev/DBAs, and SMEs to define testing approaches and comprehensive test plans, review existing detailed test scripts, identify gaps and design new test scripts, execute tests, and provide a mechanism for reporting progress and risks.
- Interact with software developers, SQA, engineering management, project managers, and a diverse group of cross-functional teams including offshore test team throughout software development cycle.
- Create test cases/scripts from requirements or from user interviews, including user-based tests and validation of use cases.
- Testing: Perform unit, regression and integration tests. Prepare, maintain and execute test cases to ensure deep test coverage to validate high quality software implementations. Engage the business key stakeholders to assist with the preparation, timely execution, and review of Quality Assurance regression testing, facilitate planning UAT and support of production implementation.
- Test Process: Utilize existing test process and procedures while recommending potential improvements as lessons learned or future improvements (such as test automation, other).
- Defect management: Manage test bugs by gathering critical information needed for problem classification, and retest within appropriate guidelines.
- Project Management: provide test process monitoring, project updates, test planning, and documentation using tools such as Excel, Word, wikis, and MS Project
- Strong knowledge of PLSQL and Oracle Financials applications is required.
- Working experience with HP Quality Center. Strong Project Management and organizational skills used in fast-paced environment. Practical experience with waterfall and agile methodologies are desired.
- 10+ yearsâ€™ testing experience with 5+ years testing accounting/finance systems. Experience leading small test teams including offshore. Oracle E-business is highly desirable.
- 5+ yearsâ€™ experience with business analysis, testing, and leading small teams of 5+ testers and project team across remote locations.
- 5 yearsâ€™ of testing Oracle E-Business modules including, GL, Cash Management, Fi xed Assets, Contracts, Pricing, Oracle Reports, Customers Online, Company Profile, Sales Online, Purchasing, AR, AP and Telesales.
- B.S computer science or accounting/finance.
Copyright Clearance Center - 10 months ago