As a Quality Assurance Engineer on the AppInternals Xpert Solutions team, you will write internal test applications in both Java and . NET , design test automation, execute test automation and research technology advancement in Java and . NET . You will assist other QA engineers and developers to identify software defects and test fixes. The right candidate should be ready to multitask across diverse environments. You should be ready to demonstrate an understanding of client/server system architecture and n-tier architecture.
OPNET’s AppInternals Xpert Solution provides real-time performance analysis of complex distributed applications by monitoring system and application metrics within each server, including deep method-level instrumentation for Java and . NET applications. Join an exceptionally talented team of engineers at OPNET as we continue to define the state of the art and develop next-generation software products.
Explore our company where the work is challenging, rewarding, and our entrepreneurial environment encourages innovation, teamwork, and creativity.
Here’s what you should bring to the table:
Desirable experience but not required:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows systems
- Programming experience in either Java or MS .Net framework
- Experience with any of the following application servers; Weblogic, Websphere, Glassfish, Tomcat and MS IIS .
- Experience with multi-tier applications
- Some experience with enterprise frameworks in Java such as Hibernate, Spring, OSGI or some experience with Microsoft frameworks such as WCF , Entity Framework, NET 3.5 and . NET 4.0
- Capacity to work as both a team member and independent contributor who can adjust to changing priorities while maintaining productivity
Requirements for this position may vary based on division and/or projects involved. Educational qualifications are based on the position level at the time of recruitment.
- Experience with Silk, AutoIt and Selenium
- Programming in any of the following: Python, Jython, Perl, Java and . NET framework
- Confidence to participate and contribute in a fast-paced and technologically diverse development environment
- Motivated to have an impact on our products, our company, and the state of the art