Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 26,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #17 in Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2014 and marking our fifth straight year in the list's Top 50 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Quality Assurance Engineer I for our Plano, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Conducts software quality evaluation and implements both external and internal technology solutions that meet customer needs. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes, or channels. Performs multiple team roles in the delivery of technical solutions.
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business, its applications and processes.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Coordinates with cross-functional team members to translate business requirements into testing assets.
- Within the software development lifecycle, participates in the analysis and creation of testing assets, leads testing activities and validates the implementation of new technology systems or modifications to existing information technology.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, or Liberal Arts, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years relevant experience in systems or systems development life cycle and proficiency in relevant internal testing methods and tools.
- Working knowledge of relevant manual and automated testing methods and tools.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Experience with DB2 or Mainframe environments.
- Working knowledge of automated testing techniques, methodologies and tools.
- Experience using industry standard automation toolsets - i.e. Selenium, Robodium, Cucumber, UFT, Perfecto.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Percentage of Travel:
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...