- Write and execute test plans and test cases based on Functional requirements.
- Ability to test mobile applications, front-end Web applications as well as back-end infrastructure
- Perform functional, regression and load testing of applications.
- Write automated functional test scripts using python and load scripts using Loadrunner or JMeter.
- Work directly with product and development teams to formulate testing plans
- Create weekly status report detailing progress of the projects working.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and take charge of projects
- Ability to work in an Onsite offshore model.
Required skills or knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience testing front and backend applications.
- Excellent communications skills required.
- Attention to detail and a passion for detail-oriented work
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, problem solving ability and strong analytical skills. Should thrive in a fast-paced client driven environment.
- Experience testing Mobile,Web and Database applications and working knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL.
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience scripting using either Perl, Ruby or Python.
- Experience working in Agile model working knowledge of Jira is required.
- Experience with white and black box testing
- Experience in test automation of functional test cases and load test cases using either ruby, python or perl.
- Familiarity with various testing methodologies, Strategies and SDLC.
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company - 2 years ago