The Quality Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of (but not limited to) production assembly processes, new product introductory products, eq uipment, tools, documentation, training and processes required for the successful execution by the Quality group. The Quality Engineer will provide support for operations, engineering, and quality systems by assisting in the evolution of the Quality Management Systems (QMS) and in the implementation of QMS procedures and documents. This proactive position requires creativity and foresight to work with Quality, Manufacturing operations, Procurement, Engineering, and Service personnel to ensure compliance to requirements as well as to ISO 9001:2008 Standards. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who thrives on a dynamic, fast-paced environment and being part of a highly-skilled technical team.
The Quality Engineer is accountable for: (1) implementing and maintaining robust quality system processes; (2) driving resolution of quality issues by monitoring quality metrics, developing aggressive project timelines, and implementing effective corrective/ preventive actions. The identification/ corrections of deficiencies through audits could avoid operational shut downs, suspension of new product approvals - if not prevented; can result in a loss of business opportunities and can negatively impact the profitability of the company. The decisions and recommendations of the quality engineer directly impact the state of compliance of the site. This position is accountable to Quality Systems management, and to Operations management.
Our teams set the quality management system, ensure the corresponding surveillance across the extended enterprise, and ensures product quality is under control; they are also key players in continuous improvement. This contributes to avoiding costly delays and maximizes performance improvement, by emphasizing a strong focus on the control and reduction of non-conformities and the resulting cost of non-quality.
Skills and Education Requirements:
· Perform quality engineering activities by developing, implementing and administering quality specifications, test methodologies, validation test protocols, and sampling plans for products and processes. This position works directly with Production, Engineering, Purchasing, and other functions to assure quality considerations are adequately and reliably addressed in design, testing, and release of materials, components and finished goods.
- Drive continuous improvement in Crestron’s production quality, cycle, and delivery performance through utilization tools such as Six Sigma DMAIC, APQP, FMEA, PPAP, SPC, 8D Root Cause Analysis and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Review customer complaints, analyze returns and produce solutions for corrective and preventative action by l eading product / process improvement efforts utilizing methodical problem-solving approaches by identifying issues or potential issues; implementing methods to capture the appropriate metric data; and applying the appropriate statistical analysis method(s) to enhance product and process sustaining initiatives
· Create and analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine product standards and criteria, quality metrics, and any pertinent corrective actions that may be required in the quest to produce high quality products.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes and establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, weibull distribution, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
- Maintain and analyzes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Cost of Poor Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs.
- Facilitate Risk Management activities - PFMEA’s (Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis) and control plans where required.
- Minimum of five years of related experience in a production or manufacturing role, preferred working experience in a similar capacity as process/quality engineering.
- Must have hands-on working experience with in process control and process optimization within an electronics manufacturing (or similar) industry.
- Recent hands-on experience applying methodical problem-solving techniques and applying fundamental statistical data analysis methods
- A dynamic personality style with the ability and willingness to promote appropriate change and improvement
- Experience in Six Sigma and Lean methodology; certified preferred.
- Must be open to travel as needed.
- Proficient understanding of Corrective / Preventive Action (CAPA), design verification/ validation, and process verification/validation. Posses excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision making skills required with thorough working knowledge of Quality systems methods and practices (DOE, PFMEA, Control Plans, Lean Manufacturing concepts, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priories concurrently.
- High proficiency in spreadsheet (report formatting, graphing, and formula a calculation generation), database, presentation and project management tools (i.e. Excel, Minitab, etc).
- Ability to read and understand assembly drawings, schematics, block diagrams and Engineering Change Notices for the purpose of specific inspection criteria and evaluation.
- Candidate must also be able to demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficient with a personal computer and highly proficient using MS Office 2010 software applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
Education and Certification Requirements::
- Must have a minimum: Bachelor’s of Science degree from and accredited institution in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Equivalent Discipline)
- ASQ certifications preferred but not required.
Crestron Electronics doesn't mind if its customers have control issues. The company provides hardware and software used to control and...