Quality Assurance Sr. Engineer
Source Healthcare Analytics continues to strive for operating efficiencies through effective implementation of strategic initiatives. This includes projects focused on new process development, process improvement, product development, and sales force effectiveness. As the need for software development continues to be a strategic imperative for our business, it increases the need for disciplined project management and quality assurance testing.
The Quality Assurance Testing function within Business Operations identifies, leads, and manages complex software development initiatives that deliver value to the business through enhanced product features and capabilities. The role of Quality Assurance Tester will implement the creation, tracking and execution of software test strategies and support the execution of strategic initiatives.
Specific responsibilities and requirements follow.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Participate as a core member of the onshore/offshore team of Quality Assurance Engineers.
- Develops test plans, test cases, and strategies for test execution
- Perform regression, integration, functional, load, adhoc, and end to end testing on assigned projects using test processes.
- Analyze business requirements/functional specifications and develop identify test scenarios, assists in evaluating test approach, resources needed, and time required to fully test requirements.
- Confers with software development technician and quality assurance personnel in resolving issues and deploying quality products into production
- Works with business owner during user acceptance testing
- Prepares documentation for technician or QA Manager to fully deploy product into production. Inspects deployment result and reports to the business when product is ready.
- Support and execute best practices including the establishment of a business requirement framework, enterprise context diagrams, requirement traceability, UAT and scope management in a dynamic data management environment
- Assist in establishing quality standards and metrics against Quality Assurance Testing deliverables.
- Resolve issues and identify risks for Quality Assurance Testing and escalate when required.
- Assist technical team during upgrades
- Supporting computer operations issues or concerns
1. Manage time and company resources appropriately.
2. Work independently, quick learner, able to meet deadlines, and adaptable to fast paced environment.
3. Attend functional status meetings as required.
4. Continue to develop professional skills through training and development.
5. Perform other duties as requested by Supervisor.
Minimum: 4 year Degree or equivalent experience
Experience, Knowledge and Tools
Minimum Experience: 3 years software testing, SDLC agile, waterfall, and scrum, manual testing, at least one test automation tool, such as Selenium, Test Complete, or Oracle Real Application Test.
Technical Skills: SQL, Unix, run jobs and scripts, data compare, client/server/web, Intermediate MS Office applications, Windows/7, large data volumes, relational databases, business intelligence tools
- Pharma or Healthcare Analytics QA a plus.
- Collaboration tools, defect/issue tracker tools a plus.
- Experience with data mapping, data formats, and automated work control processes a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.
- Normal office environment.
Symphony Health Solutions - 20 months ago