Please contact me for any questions: ashatzka (@) verticalmove (dot) com
Learn about me here:
- The QA Engineer is responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of test automation suites for websites, internal applications, and tools. Candidate will also perform load and performance testing on these websites. The role applies advanced testing techniques, structured SQA methods, and continuous process improvements to enhance overall software quality.
- Creating and maintaining test cases for both manual and automated testing.
- Reverse engineering requirements from software solutions by analyzing existing functionality and creating appropriate software requirement specifications.
- Populate test data in the database as needed to reproduce issues and prepare for test runs.
- Perform validation testing on web application, CRON jobs, and Windows applications to locate defects and report status to stakeholders.
- Attend daily SCRUM meeting to discuss progress and issues found (Agile methodology).
- Manage defect the resolution process and ensure issues are resolved, closed, and reported on properly.
- Four-year college MIS, CS, or related degree in an accredited university (or equivalent experience).
- 5 + years in a QA Engineer or Software Engineering role.
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing automation scripts for unit or functional testing.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience creating software test cases and managing the traceability between requirements, test cases, and defects found during validation.
- Experience working with XML documents and testing web services.
- Experience with client-server and web-based environments.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player.
- Thorough understanding of test strategies, test plans, use cases, and test scripts.
Highly desired skills:
- Prior experience using Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Webrat, Watir, Windmill, Bromine, Freshen, JMeter, Sauce Labs, BrowserMob, and pairwise testing techniques.
- Prior experience using Cucumber, Lettuce, or Robot Framework to develop and maintain a functional test suite.
- Prior continuous integration experience with Bamboo or Hudson.
- Linux and/or Cygwin experience.
- Maintain ISO Security Compliance Requirements.
- CSTE or related certification preferred
- Selenium, principal automation and regression automation experience.
nPost.com - 22 months ago