The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer will join the Application Services team to enhance the ability in delivering high quality software to maximize code coverage and minimize risk. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in both manual and automated testing, QA methodologies and business analysis. The candidate will have strong communication, organization and project management skills while exhibiting a high level of self-motivation and independence to work in a multi dimension IT and business environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
*Position could be location in Boston, Washington DC, or Dayton
- Develops and maintains relevant test artifacts based on QA framework for assigned projects.
- Authors test case scenarios for unit, system, integration and user acceptance testing cycles.
- Tests software, create clear and concise defect submissions, troubleshoot defects and follows through on all QA project related issues until successful resolution.
- Communicates effectively in and across business units with QA Lead and project teams by providing QA scorecards, progress, and status reports for all testing activities on assigned projects.
- Manages customer expectations and anticipates customer needs.
- Contributes to the Firm's ServiceMatters initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple complex testing projects as a project QA lead or mentor.
- Mentor and coach other members of the software quality team, along with assisting and leading End Users through UAT test cycle.
- Ability to help with the management of firm QA projects using metrics, developing reports, and managing QA efforts with HP ALM Quality Center.
- Setup, configure, and maintain automated testing environments and frameworks
- Ability to provide insight and metrics on value and progress of both automated and manual test efforts
- Strong background in functional testing and software quality best practices with the ability to design and develop comprehensive automated test strategy, test cases, and test scripts
- Strong background in reviewing business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases
- Demonstrated success with developing multiple forms of test artifacts and working in QA programs.
- Hands on experience writing test plans and authoring test cases.
- Experience with multiple QA testing types such as functional, regression, integration, performance, UAT and operational readiness testing.
- A clear understanding of software development lifecycles, project management, and QA methodologies.
- Experience with commercial and open source QA tools.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience with enterprise test case management tools.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 and strong SQL skills.
- Adaptable, self-starter, team player, customer focused, and results oriented.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work effectively with both users and technical staff in team-oriented environments.
- Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of Information Technology experience
- Minimum 5 years providing QA and/or testing experience to a broad customer base
- Experience within a Legal environment a plus
- Experience using HP’s ALM Quality Center a plus
- Experience using HP’s Quick Test Professional a plus
- Knowledge of ITIL a plus
- ISTQB certified a plus
WilmerHale - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard