Odyssey Aerospace Components (OAC) is a privately held company established to provide turn-key VIP interiors and components for business jet aircraft. Odyssey was acquired by Greenpoint Technologies in 2011.
Founded in 2008, Odyssey manufactures custom cabinetry interiors for original equipment manufacturers (OEM), completion centers, private clients and corporations. Listening to customers and focusing on their requirements is the method in which Odyssey tailors their interiors to meet their goals.
The manufacturing and machining facilities are in Denton, Texas, core of the VIP interiors industry, and employ talented technicians and cabinetry artisans. The facilities are minutes away from the Denton Municipal Airport and 30 miles from Dallas Fort Worth International Airport.
The Quality Assurance Inspector performs pre-finish inspections of manufactured components prior to shipment, as well as final inspections of post finish parts and assemblies prior to shipment for the Odyssey Aerospace Components cabinet shop.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform wire harness and plumbing systems checks.
• Perform inspections using the appropriate device to obtain an accurate reading of all types of shapes including hole sizes, radius, length, depth, angles, etc.
• Perform receiving inspections and prepare formal reports.
• Complete FAA and customer required certification documents.
• Create and maintain First Article Inspection Reports.
• Access and include all necessary material and process certificates required for traceability purposes.
• Using ERP system, enter start and completion of each job to maintain accurate router information.
• Communicate to operators as required, to accurately describe nonconforming conditions for rejected parts.
• Work closely with FAA DAR for compliance.
• Assist as required with part marking.
• Provide continuous communication to management regarding issues and inspection status.
• Maintain a neat organized work area and help with the general daily housekeeping of the department.
• Meet target hours and complete schedules as set by Supervision.
• Work overtime as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Odyssey Core Competencies
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety – You observe safety and security procedures, you determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, you use equipment and materials properly, and you report potentially unsafe conditions.
• Judgment – You display a willingness to make decisions, you exhibit sound and accurate judgment, you support and explain reasoning for decisions, you include appropriate people in decision-making process, and you make timely decisions.
• Problem Solving – You identify problems in a timely manner, you gather and analyze information skillfully, you develop alternative solutions, you resolve problems in early stages, and you work well in group problem solving situations.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
• Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent with demonstrated skills. Experience may substitute providing it is related and of sufficient duration to be of equivalent.
• 5 years inspection experience directly related to aircraft interior.
• Must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to lead personnel.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of various measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, etc.
• Familiar with Quality and inspection concepts and processes.
• Ability to read blueprints, pack slips, invoices, and other customer supplied data.
• Ability to read measuring instruments.
• Familiar with engineering programs.
• Capability to determine sample size for lots.
• Mathematical knowledge and ability to apply towards problem solving
• Strong time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Desire to drive continuous improvement processes and standards.
• Ability to coordinate and handle multiple priorities within deadlines and take initiative to produce results with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate in English.
• Familiarity with AS9100 preferred.
• Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
• Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance / Able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Able to reach overhead.
• Able to work in a non-dust free environment.
• Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
• Full range of motion with both hands.
• Can work in stooping, kneeling, standing position and in cramped areas.
Odyssey Aerospace Components is an AA/EEO. To see all open positions for Odyssey (OAC) go to our website http://odysseyaero.com/index.html and click Careers.