- Performs routine testing by chemical, instrumental and physical testing procedures.
- Records and maintains accurate records of analysis in conjunction with Quality Assurance protocols and procedures.
- Enters test results into LIMS & SAP.
- Performs routine maintenance and calibration on lab equipment to assure compliance with normal lab operations testing.
- May be called upon by Production or Technology for technical service to assist with production troubleshooting.
- Teams with chemists to establish and develop new methods for both repetitive and non-routine tests as needed.
- Assures supplies are ordered and stored as needed.
- Contributes to the department’s safety goals.
- Completes initial and annual training to serve as a site first responder for medical matters that may arise on the off-shifts as needed.
- Assists with project coordination and special assignments as necessary to assure timely completion of testing in accord with existing timelines.
- Teams independently with other Lab Techs to assure a balanced testing load that enables testing services to be delivered timely.
- A strong personal and professional commitment to Environmental Health and Safety including the ability to wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Willingness to work weekends and rotating shift schedules.
- Working knowledge of PC functions and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions coupled with the ability to work independently.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Solid mathematical and reading skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with others in groups.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to handle full 5-gallon cans weighing in excess of 40 Pounds.
BA/BS in Chemistry preferred, Associate or other degrees with a minimum of 2 semesters of chemistry or equivalent laboratory experience. On-line chemistry course credit is acceptable if virtual chemistry labs are included.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through momentive.com, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently a Momentive employee, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
momentive - 14 months ago