Quality Assurance Lab Technician-1301751
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
BASF's Hannibal, Missouri Plant is one of the world's leading producers of agricultural chemicals. The Quality Assurance Technician analyzes and reports results for samples by production section from raw materials through finished products, chemical development section, environmental section and from the field sample program. The technician operates, maintains, and repairs laboratory analytical equipment, including titrators, gas chromatographs, liquid chromatographs, mass and infrared spectrometers. The technician also calculates and records test results on daily report forms or in logbooks; notifies persons concerned of deviations from standards as they occur; enters results into lab computer database; and prepares reports using the lab data system. This position works a rotating shift (including nights and weekends).
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- At least one year of college level chemistry including laboratory
- Computer Skills (for example, Microsoft Office)
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or a related science discipline. BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- One to three years of experience in an industrial laboratory
- Knowledge of standard laboratory analytical techniques and equipment such as titrators, gas chromatographs, liquid chromatographs, mass spectrometers, infrared spectrometers
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Palmyra
Function: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Job Type: Standard
Organization: APT-Global Operations Crop Protection
BASF - 17 months ago
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...