Beachbody is looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to join the Technology department.
About Your Duties:
In this position, you will be responsible for:
About Your Experience:
- Technically leading a team of Senior and mid-level Quality Assurance Engineers
- Collaborating with product management to produce functional specifications, including feasibility assessments, engineering time estimates, and strategic value assessments
- Providing guidance and mentorship to direct report engineers and manage resource allocation, monitoring and making sure deadlines are met, as well as providing regular status updates on progress and performance
- Owning delivery of entire piece of system or application, and serving as technical lead on complex projects using best practice engineering standards
- Gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translating requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture
- Recommending changes in development, maintenance and system standards
- Accomplishing aggressive goals and meet strict deadlines
- Remaining current on technical and professional developments affecting area of responsibility
- Proactively assessing new technologies to enhance the development process and environment
- Serving as a lead technical resource in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from conception, design, implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance
- Planning, execution, scheduling, and reporting of tests
- Building, maintaining, and extending regression suites
- Identifying and communicating technical risks to the vertical team
- Recommending solutions to technical issues, participate in architecting solutions
- Leading bug scrubs
- Deploying builds to QA environments based on setup by Configuration Management team
- Participating as a team member in testing, analysis, and process management
- Responding to dynamic situations while maintaining adherence to best practices
- Building alliances with developers and business users.
- Creating automated tests as appropriate
- Providing mentoring for Quality Assurance Engineering team members
- Maximizing the performance and contribution of each team member through technical mentoring, and setting an example for technical leadership for a team of Engineers
- Being an active participant in an Agile/SCRUM environment
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/professional experience required
- 10+ years experience of Engineering experience
- 6+ years in software QA, development, or configuration management
- 6+ years at a senior or lead position in a QA team
- 5+ years experience testing web based applications
- 5+ years as part of a highly collaborative team of software and quality assurance engineers, product owners, scrum master(s), and the business owners
- 4+ years of IT/IS experience
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Highly collaborative with experience in Agile frameworks (Scrum, XP)
- Able to work well with developers, QA engineers, and non-engineering personnel
- Project Management or Scrum Master training or experience
- Highly detail oriented
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience in 2 or more of the following: Java, Perl,
- Adept in UI test automation tools (Selenium, Mercury WinRunner/QTP, Mercury LoadRunner, Segue SilkTest/SilkPerformer, Canoo, etc.)
- Strong testing experience on Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, or MS SQL server
- Understanding of client-server technologies and networking
- Detail oriented, self starter, fast learner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and team player with collaborative personality
- Comfortable working with senior software developers, QA engineers, product owners, end-users, and operations
- Experienced at leading development life cycle process and best practices, hiring and mentoring in a technical organization
- Successful working with technical as well as non-technical members of the team
Beachbody, creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®, and Brazil Butt Lift®, among many others, is a rapidly growing fitness company.
Founded in 1998 on the simple principle of helping people achieve their goals and enjoying healthy, fulfilling lives, Beachbody offers an unprecedented opportunity to be a part of a global movement where your work is valued and measurable.
Decidedly un-corporate, Beachbody encourages employees, or Dudes as we call them, to bring their unique selves to work, employ a progressive mindset, have fun, and G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done). Your personality and willingness to embrace our culture is equally important as your skills and resume. We are passionate about what we do and expect the same from you.
Our founders, Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, have created a highly collaborative and energetic atmosphere complete with competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits, free Shakeology, hourly fitness classes, and product discounts. Beachbody is an equal opportunity employer and is always looking for humble, top-notch talent prepared to influence positive change.
Beachbody - 2 years ago
Body-conscious consumers keep Beachbody (formerly Product Partners, LLC) busy. Founded in 1998 by CEO Carl Daikeler and president Jon...