The QA/QC Lead provides supervision and technical guidance to the Quality Assurance Staff (Associates) in the analysis, design, testing, and deployment of all Forest City applications and supporting infrastructure; shares ultimate responsibility for assuring that all implemented changes are defect free and compliant with the business and technical specification as well as regulatory requirements; enforces and audits Change Management policies and procedures; helps with QA/QC Strategy development, implementation, and enforcement; and provides input on annual goals for the team. A successful candidate will apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our business.
The job functions include, but are not limited to:
1. Oversees and enforces IT change management and release management policies, procedures and standards. Ensures changes to applications and supporting infrastructure adhere to Company IT policies and procedures.
2. Confirms that IT changes align with business requirements by performing the following testing procedures: unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing, and stress testing (where appropriate). Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
3. Establishes and enforces standards for creating repeatable manual and automated testing scripts in HP Quality Center / Quick Test Professional that streamline the overall IT change management process while improving the overall quality of changes.
4. Works with Project Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities such as software deployment, customer integration, and professional services validation.
5. Supervises and delegates daily QA/QC tasks to staff team members and ensures timely completion. Assists Quality Assurance Manager with ensuring internal resources are not over allocated; provides resource scheduling for project scope items; participates in formal and informal peer reviews of project teams; guides, coaches, and mentors associates with the department.
6. Develops and monitors QA/QC metrics to evaluate performance of quality assurance team and other IT teams.
7. Works with Internal and External audit teams to ensure regulatory requirement are met and followed by IT organization.
Experience and skill requirements include, but are not limited to:
1. Undergraduate degree in MIS, Computer Science or related programs;
2. 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in Quality Assurance Testing and 1-2 years of supervisor or task management experience required.
3. Quality Assurance certifications are a plus but not required;
4. Previous experience regularly leading test phases of IT projects and managing team tasks;
5. Prefer skills in SAP, Solution Manager, HP Quality Center, and MS Project.
6. Strong verbal and written communication, team building, leadership, time management, and analytical skills.
7. Ability to assure that different projects running concurrently meet the requirements and expectations of end-users in a timely manner.
Drug Free Workplace
Forest City Enterprises - 2 years ago