DAT Software Quality Assurance Lead
We are looking for a QA Lead with excellent collaboration skills to successfully lead the QA effort for a new web application within an Agile Scrum team. The position requires the adaptability to work with a dynamic team that is doing Test-Drive Development (TDD). This person will be responsible for creating test estimates and managing manual and automation test tasks for TransCore’s new multi-tiered web application. They will design, write, and execute tests in accordance with team goals for each sprint, and monitor progress on the automation tests. They will also document, track, and report test results and issues/defects in using established QA guidelines and best practices. We are also looking for someone with a passion for QA who enjoys problem solving in a continuously evolving Agile environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Collaborate with Scrum team on each sprint’s test activities and provide QA estimates
- Understand and advocate for Agile best practices for QA, but be flexible to work within team sprint goals and framework
- Understand automation practices and how they can be best used for sprint goals
- Design, write, and execute test cases using advanced test design techniques.
- Uncover, document, and track product defects in defect tracking system.
- Work with team member to drill down into product layers (e.g. application, middleware, database) and determine root cause of defects
- Write and execute SQL queries for data validation
- Analyze test results, assess risk, and make recommendations for test improvements
- 2 years QA Lead experience testing web applications within an Agile Scrum team using JIRA
- Knowledge of automation practices and how they best fit into a Scrum QA effort
- Experience with Cucumber and Test Driven Development
- Candidates must be willing and able to take full responsibility for a project or task from concept to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn technology and find defects that impact end users.
- Ability to direct and track the test activities of other test team members.
- Good Problem-solving, multitasking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate accurate status to technical leads and project manager.
- Experience with SQL queries and databases.
Experience in the following a plus:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- JIRA for user stories, project workflow, and defect tracking
- Cucumber, Gherkin, Capybara, Webkit, Ruby, Teamcity
- QAComplete for test case creation and test execution
- Fiddler or Wireshark network protocol sniffer tools
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...