Our client due to expansion and a focus on new product introduction is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager to drive design assurance for multiple manufacturing locations based at the corporate headquarters in Northeast Ohio.
BS in Mechanical, Chemical, Polymer or Materials Science Engineering. BS in Applied Sciences may be considered depending on experience
Prior leadership of a structured and rigorous stage gate /tollgate process a must
7-10+ years of quality/process engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years of New Product Development experience. Greater than 5 years industrial experience in which candidate had responsibility for the development and implementation of product and/or process quality. Expertise in ISO/QS/TS type quality systems is required. Expertise in APQP and PPAP methods required. Proficiency with Excel, Minitab, Access and Powerpoint is expected.
5+ years of quality management experience. CQE, CQM and/or certified BlackBelt in Lean or Six Sigma Preferred. Preferred candidate will have work experience outside of just quality organizations (i.e., manufacturing, process engineering, R&D, etc).
Demonstrated quality leadership and people management skills
Exhibits strong interpersonal communication skills; able to influence team dynamics regarding quality goals
Solid understanding of statistical methods and their application to product or process engineering
Experience with validation plan construction, risk analysis, design and process validation testing
Roles and Responsibilities:
Define and implement quality system tools and procedures to support New Product Development Processes
Lead quality activities associated with New Product Development
Measure New Product quality performance and lead corrective action activities
- Set corporate new product quality metrics/goals for the organization and provide performance feedback
- Define corporate quality system improvement strategies for New Product Development Processes and drive implementation
- Develop and implement key new product quality system elements and tools
- Provide quality leadership for validation test plan development and execution (design and process validation)
- Lead risk analysis activities for New Product Development programs and drive completion of appropriate mitigation
- Promote process capability and incorporation of Lean manufacturing concepts in process design.
- Promote analytical problem solving through sound statistical application; provide organizational training
- Ensure customer satisfaction through routine review of post launch field performance data and development of corrective action strategies
- Expand the quality system infrastructure using ISO/QS/TS principles to ensure robust, reproducible, high quality product designs and manufacturing processes.
- Ensure compliance with all government and industry standards/codes for product and process quality