Health Language, Inc.
Quality Assurance Manager
Health Language, Inc.® (HLI) develops and delivers state-of-the-art software solutions that automatically incorporate medical vocabulary and coding standards into healthcare information technology (HCIT) applications. HLI’s Language Engine® (LE®) allows centralized access to medical terminology standards and generates mappings to create a common pool of standardized codes and concepts that enhance patient safety, facilitate clinical outcomes analysis and accelerate reimbursement.
HLI partners with global leaders in Healthcare IT including integrators, vendors, RHIOs and large healthcare institutions in payor and provider markets, clinical content providers, and national governments. Health Language is headquartered in Denver, CO and also has an office in Leeds, UK.
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager
JOB SUMMARY: As a leader in the HLI Software Development group, the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is responsible for defining and executing strategies to support delivery of exceptional software solutions for HLI’s quickly growing customer base. This is a fast paced, hand-on position responsible for quality assurance across all products within the HLI LE Product Suite managing QA Engineers and Release Engineers across numerous agile teams.
REPORTS TO: Director of Product Development & Technology
SUPERVISES: Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Release Engineers
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Continuously define and implement software quality improvement strategies, implementing policies and procedures and setting operational goals.
- Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Acquire resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers.
- Work with all HLI departments to provide advice and assistance establishing and/or enhancing quality assurance processes.
- Analyze defects and continuously audit QA processes and software testing metrics to identify gaps and opportunities to improve quality.
- Develop accurate test metrics to measure quality and drive effective process improvement.
- Develop test plans and test cases and continuously refine processes for effective development and management of test plans and test cases.
- Drive test automation initiatives including automated functional, load and performance tests.
- Manage, develop and motivate associates with administrative responsibility including Quality Assurance Engineers and Release Engineers.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Passionate about software, quality assurance and delivering exceptional software solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance (SQA).
- Experience managing individuals and teams.
- Experience working in a development environment producing frequent software releases relying heavily on continuous integration and automated tests.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile development methodologies.
Disclaimer Statement: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for employees assigned to this job. Health Language, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Familiarity with Java programming language or other Object Oriented development technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products including Jira and Bamboo.
- Experience with automated testing (JUnit).
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks (JMeter).
Health Language - 9 months ago
Health Language, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the development, delivery and marketing of software that reduces the complexity of incorpor...