The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is responsible for the effective development and implementation of software programs to ensure that all information technology products and services meet minimum company standards and end‑user requirements. The position requires the planning and implementation of software quality assurance processes, standards, methods and procedures.
- Define, implement and integrate quality principles into the design and development of software and processes.
- Ensure that quality methods and procedures are carried out.
- Ensure that software applications adhere to established customer requirements.
- Analyze best‑in‑class quality assurance processes, establish customer satisfaction metrics, and understand the interaction and relationship of business operations and software applications.
- Champion the application of quality principles in business and IT processes through training, meetings, communications programs and team building activities.
- Ensure adequate application testing prior to implementation.
- Administer problem management process including monitoring and reporting on problem resolution during the testing cycle.
- Make recommendations to superiors regarding the acquisition and/or implementation of software to increase software testing efficiency.
- Assign work to subordinates, monitor performance and conduct performance appraisals.
- Interview and make recommendations for additional staff.
- Report to the Director of Information Technology / Applications.
- Analyze proposed and current application projects in terms of scheduling QA resources.
- Prepare long and short-range plans for the quality assurance area and for the necessary support resources.
- Identify the QA staff’s developmental needs, provide developmental opportunities, and coach for success.
- Provide input into development of annual operating plans.
- Collaborate effectively with Project Management, Business Analysis, Development teams.
- Store Personnel
- Field staff
- Corporate staff
- Bachelor of Science within the discipline of Information Technology or comparable experience
- Typically has 4 to 7 years of IT and Quality Assurance work experience
- Three to five years’ experience with software testing tools
Benefits for eligible employees include: medical / dental / vision, 401k, vacation, opportunities for advancement, on-going training available. PLS is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and drug free work place.