Quality Assurance Reviewer Regular Part Time Days IBMC Quality Review
Quality Assurance Reviewer
Job Code: 1880
The Quality Assurance Reviewer performs admission certification and continued stay reviews. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Quality Assurance Reviewer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Reviews charts of patients for compliance and reports concerns to the medical staff
* Collects data from medical record for computerized severity adjustment system
* Assists physicians in their peer review activities and coordinates data gathering efforts
* Collaborates with physicians and committee members in developing and performing focused reviews
* Assists in developing criteria for procedures done by the physicians and in developing indicators to be used by the departments in identifying outliers
* Identifies inpatients for case review with the use of the Patient Classification System
* Identifies selected inpatient medical records for compliance with established certification criteria
* Prepares statistical reports for the Utilization Review Subcommittee from various source documents and provides conclusions based upon the reports.
The Quality Assurance Reviewer reports to assigned Manager or Director.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office conditions.
* Oklahoma RN licensure within 90 days of hire or RHIA with knowledge of Peer Review Organization requirements and hospital-related applications and quality assurance background.
* 3 years current clinical nursing experience, critical care nursing experience preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terms and procedures, patient care management and pharmaceutical therapy.
* 3 years experience in medical records with 1 year of chart review for Utilization Review/Quality Assurance auditing.
* Knowledge of Peer Review requirements, hospital-related applications and medical terms of procedures.
Integris Health - 22 months ago
INTEGRIS Health shoots for integrity by providing a range of health services to residents throughout the Sooner state. The company, one of...