Our client in Baltimore County is seeking an experienced QA Engineer with 3 or more years of experience for a 6 month contract-to-permanent role. Join a dynamic QA team who collaborate with an agile development team to produce quality software applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Develop software test systems that correctly and efficiently provide actionable insight about the
quality of an application under test.
2. Improve and extend test frameworks and automated test sets.
3. Review and report results from execution of automated tests (web and desktop).
4. Participate in test planning, test development, test automation, test execution, and resolving
5. Create test plans and test scripts for new software development.
6. Verify, report, and track defects found in testing.
• Passion for quality assurance of end-user applications.
• 18-24 months of experience working with a statically typed programming language (e.g. C#, Java).
• Working knowledge of a dynamically typed scripting language (e.g., VB Script, Ruby, Python)
• Functional knowledge of a structured query language (basic level, e.g. an understanding of table
relationships, how to execute common functions).
• Experience working in Selenium a plus.
• Understanding of software development life cycle.
• Working knowledge of software testing theory (some or all of the following quality assurance
methods: unit, integration, regression, acceptance testing, user interface automated testing).
• Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, experience with test design and execution.
• Experience developing and executing manual and automated test suites.
• Experience testing web-based and desktop applications.
• Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues.
• Ability to work at both detailed and conceptual levels.
• Ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone, and in person.
• Ability to launch new projects and follow through to completion.
• Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting capability.
• Ability to work and participate in a team with open and collaborative style of communications.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or other Engineering discipline (or experience providing
similar skills and abilities).
Please submit your resume as a Word document, including your annual compensation requirements and professional references to email@example.com or call 410-343-7470. Sponsorship is not available. Principals only please.
Systems Alliance, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job
Systems Alliance is a technology services firm. Our consultants, developers and project managers define and deliver Web, IT and business...