Works under direct supervision. Responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; conducts audits, reviews, analyzes and completes documentation. Evaluates processes and statistical process controls, develops and may implement corrective action plans. Basic knowledge of production and processing principles. Ability to use critical thinking. Good communication and monitoring skills. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Responsible for the development of technical documents. Also responsible for gathering technical documentation as requested by project managers.
- Works closely with Engineers, Project Managers, and Manufacturing personnel to prepare manuals and revision to manuals from preliminary to final stages by formatting properly, spell-checking, using proper grammar, updating headers and footers, and re-linking where necessary.
- Completes control sheets, including summary of changes for all manual revisions.
- Works with the manual templates in Word and Adobe; linking and formatting documents consistent with the standard engineering manual.
- Conducts audits, reviews, analyzes and completes documentation
- For each project requiring soft copies: creates .pdf files of entire manual, customizes and prints CD labels, and burns CD.
- For each project requiring hard copies: sets up binders, copies all manual sections, inserts additional instruction manuals & supplemental documentation, plots, folds and inserts all drawings.
- Prepares all document transmittals for every item shipped from Engineering.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Develops and may implement corrective action plans
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills required
- Ability to effectively present information in business-friendly and user-friendly language and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and communications skills (both written and oral) with keen attention to detail
- Previous ability to independently and successfully interact with engineering, business development, project management and sales groups
- Basic knowledge of production and processing principles
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Computer Skills: to perform this job successfully, an individual must possess demonstrated advanced skills in MS Word and PowerPoint. General proficiency in Windows, Excel and Adobe also required
- May require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the field or related area.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving machines in production facilities, Protective clothing or gear such as goggles, gloves and shoes may be required.
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...