Quality Assurance Supervisor
Req Number: hein-00004434
Heinz North America is seeking a Quality Supervisor for Mason, OH plant. The Quality Supervisor is responsible for providing plans, organizing, monitoring, conducting Statistical Process Control (SPC) activities and auditing production line activities to ensure conformance to established quality, safety, product safety, employee technical competence, productivity and cost requirements.
Who will be successful in this role?
A leader who will:
- Formulate and implement plans and objectives for departmental operations based on directives of the Manager, QA and/or other corporate initiatives.
- Maintain high product quality that conforms to internal and external customer requirements.
- Assure adequate and complete quality requirement training of line operators, lab graders, and others that have direct impact/control of product quality.
- Support, promote Heinz, Mason Quality Policies and direct responsibility to monitor and audit procedures/practices to assure that product safety and other requirements are met.
- Authority and ability to stop production at any time product safety is compromised.
- Direct responsibility for investigation and follow-up for any situation requiring extraordinary measures i.e. potential product contamination from any source.
- Initiate and assist in all aspects of Statistical Process Control (SPC) studies throughout operations. (IQS experience preferred)
- Direct product dispositions for product outside specifications and ability to place finished product, ingredients, and dry supplies on 'Hard hold' where appropriate.
- Prepare, distribute, and follow-up for all established records, reports, and forms including hold reconciliations.
- Respond to customer complaint and initiate plant level investigations as to the cause of such complaints. Provide customer with information regarding the root cause and corrective regarding complaints filed with the company.
- Monitor/approve daily employee time cards using Kronos computer system.
- Meet the requirements and responsibilities identified in the internal Q-RMP Standards:
- Assist with the management of the water testing policies.
- Embrace continuous improvements of operating methods and procedures.
- Support the Manager, QA as needed in his/her specific job responsibilities.
The following skills and experience are REQUIRED to be considered for this position:
- Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Technology, Engineering or food manufacturing supervisory experience plus 2 years relevant work experience in manufacturing OR 4+ years relevant work experience in manufacturing if no degree.
- Candidate must have complete knowledge of food processing systems from field to shipping or ability to learn quickly; ability to focus efforts of others through team-building; action/results oriented; effective planning and organizational skills; anticipate and demonstrate an ability to manage change and the challenges associated with it; belief in total customer satisfaction; foster a management system driven with quality being first among equals with cost and schedule; and ability to work flexible schedules i.e. days, afternoons, nights, overtime, etc.
- This position's core scheduled hours are second shift 2pm to 11pm
- Candidate must have experience in Quality Assurance, Production Management or Auditing
Bring Us Your Appetite For Success
Heinz is a global company with a long history of success. We offer an environment of strength, stability and exceptionally varied opportunity. Under our impressive portfolio of brands, we lead the industry in quality, value, consumer loyalty, and consumer expectations. Our talent is entrepreneurial, empowered and always collaborative with a culture that allows each person to have an impact every day. Your career with us is limited only by your drive, ambition and imagination and we are committed to maximizing the talents of those who join us.
At Heinz, diversity is implicit in our business strategy for success. By 'making talent an advantage,' diversity and inclusion:
- Enables Heinz to be the 'employer of choice' that hires and retains the best talent from around the world, reflecting the markets and consumers we serve;
- Promotes an inclusive workplace culture that values differences in order to inspire each team member to bring their personal best; and
- Encourages full engagement and contribution from team members to ensure that we have the innovation and creativity to deliver on our mission in every part of our business.
It is the continuing policy of Heinz North America to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Please note: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.