Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 38,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
This position is responsible for supervision of quality programs, including the planning and implementation of the quality management program. Also supervises product specification testing and other highly complex quality programs.
- Organizes and coordinates the activities of quality team around implementation of quality and food safety programs and standards.
- Recommends new quality policies and procedures as necessary to ensure high quality products, processes and services.
- Communicates programs and standards to quality team and other plant employees. Coordinates training.
- Conducts other tests, microbial testing and assigned projects.
- Maintains good communication and working relationship with the quality team and operations and USDA personnel.
- Ensures that all USDA regulations are followed and that Pilgrim's and customer quality programs meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and directing the work schedules of hourly employees.
- Maintain compliance of HACCP, SSOP plans and QA and Manufacturing programs for the location.
- Responsible for all training . Must coordinate and clarify the QA policies and procedures and all other duties as assigned(Safety, QA).
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors of Science Degree n Quality, Microbiology, Food Science or related field preferred.
- Previous Supervisory experience 3 to 5 years required; in a poultry/food environment a plus.
- Must have an understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations.
- Must have proficient computer skills. SAP experience a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to become well versed in customers' quality programs in short period of time.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Must be dependable, prompt and willing to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Working knowledge of GFSI, HACCP, SSOP and GMP's preferred.
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.