At Wayne Farms, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributing to our success as the most technically advanced producers of superior poultry products. We are one of the world’s largest vertically integrated poultry producers with our corporate headquarters in Oakwood, GA (North of Atlanta) and locations throughout the Southeast. We continue to lead our industry in quality while consistently exceeding expectations by our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers, and communities. Our growth is your opportunity.
Assures the food safety and specifications of products and processes by enforcing quality policies, procedures and standards. Responsible for planning, scheduling, and organizing the QA Technicians to meet all job requirements while adhering to product specifications, GMP's, HACCP and governmental requirements.
[Responsibilities and Tasks]
Ã‚Â·Adheres to the corporate Recovery and Recall plan and performs required mock trials of the plan to ensure effectiveness of the facilities actions to recover its products as outlined in the plan
- Under the direction of the QA Manager, supervises QA activities and monitors product quality and workmanship in manner consistent with the standard operating procedures of the company
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Conducts all Company and/or governmental required tests to insure a quality product is being distributed, including utilization of accepted quality level (AQL), moisture, temperature, net weight tests and etc.
- Maintains filing/record system of QA checks and other documentation required by USDA and/or Company
- Participates in development and implementation of new policies, procedures and/or programs, and verification of the said system
- Works regularly with Shift Manager and other departmental supervisors in an effort to develop and maintain most efficient quality assurance procedures for respective areas
[Minimum Skill Levels and Work Experience]
- Identify and analyze problems in order to facilitate solutions
- Daily interactions with USDA/FSIS personnel
- Conduct process and plant audits
- Oversight of Laboratory practice
- Maintain economic use of supplies, equipment required for departmental operation, and employee's time
- Fulfills any duties or responsibilities requested by the QA Manager, QA Area Manager, Complex Manager, Operations Manager and/or other management personnel.
[Preferred Skill Levels and Work Experience]
- 6 months to 2 years previous work experience, post-graduation or co-op assignments during college OR
- Some college course work completed and equivalent technical work experience of 3 to 5 years in a Processing Plant Environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communciation skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills, excellent leadership skills and motivational skills.
- Demonstrate high level of energy, drive and initiative.
- Ability to be self-directed and maintain excellent organizational skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills (Microsoft Office)
We seek to hire professionals who add value each day, guide their decisions legally, ethically, and in line with company policy. In return, Wayne Farms is committed to enhancing our employees quality of life by delivering a great work environment, competitive pay, professional development, and an industry leading benefits package including: medical, dental, and eye-care coverage, employer-matched 401(k), disability income protection, life insurance, flex spending accounts and voluntary benefits such as critical illness insurance, accident insurance and long-term care indemnity insurance. If you're interested in this opportunity to join a growing and prosperous company, submit your resume online today!
- Degree in science-based field and previous work esperience of a minimum of three years in a Processing/Further Processing Plant environment
- Basic knowledge of SPC, process capability and trend analysis.
- Basic understanding of microbiology and how the study relates to the poultry industry and its environment.
- HACCP trained by a credited International HACCP Alliance course.
- Open to relocation, now and for future promotional opportunities.
Wayne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: To all recruitment agencies : Wayne Farms does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Wayne Farms employees or any other company location. Wayne Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Wayne Farms LLC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Don't ask. A top US poultry business, Wayne Farms is too busy to cross the road. The company processes almost 2 billion pounds of...