THE ASHEBORO, NC PLANT IS THE NEWEST AND MOST MODERN FACILITY IN MOM BRANDS (formerly MALT-O-MEAL) WITH STATE OF THE ART EQUIPMENT, FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY PROCEDURES. THE PLANT IS ADDING MANUFACTURING LINES, THE BUILDING IS BEING EXPANDED AND THE WORKFORCE IS GROWING.
JOIN AN EXCITING, FAST PACED AND REWARDING ENVIRONMENT!
Position: Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Asheboro, NC
Shift : 6:00PM – 6:00AM. Schedule rotates between several days on then several days off which requires working two weekends a month.
This is a full-time, permanent position offering competitive benefits including medical, dental, life,
disability, vacations and holidays, 401-K and others.
The purpose of this position is to provide real-time technical support to the Operations Teams and other support staff assigned. The individual is responsible for providing Operations Teams and Line Managers with the necessary information to produce products that meet MOM food safety and quality standards at the lowest cost in a timely manner. The individual plays a key role in assisting in the identification, investigation, and follow up activities of MOM continuous improvement program. Support, implement, and maintain food safety practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality, and environmental practices.
- Provide Operations Team Members, Line Managers, and Maintenance with technical resources in areas of product quality and food safety during on-going production, as well as in noncompliance situations. Attend noncompliance meetings to give direction on restarts, finding the source of the non-compliance and product hold.
- Perform audits and analyses on finished and intermediate products, ingredients, packaging and systems and follow safety, sanitation, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Good Laboratory Practices while performing tests
- Conduct investigations into consumer complaints.
- Perform, record and report audit findings in areas of Pest Prevention, Sanitation, GMP’s, Pre-Op Inspection/Testing, Plant Environment, HACCP, SSOP’s, Net Weight, PSAs for the Northfield facilities and Tremonton, Metal Detection Audit, Documentation Audit, Allergen Testing, and Ingredient COA Verification.
- Calibration and maintenance of Quality measurement equipment in production and in the QA Lab.
- In addition to the Campbell Mill, provide quality support to Ames Mill, Flexible Packaging, DC’s, Asheboro, St. Ansgar and Tremonton as needed.
- Provide information and data to support the QA group in assigned project areas.
- Use databases to hold and release product, provide non-compliance ingredient and packaging information to vendors (SCAR’s), and report and store audit reports.
- Training and application of Lean Awareness through MOM Excellence. Participate in Green Belt Certification, Black Belt projects as a member and Kaizen projects as a member or resource.
- Utilize the Quality Department resources to help in the identification and resolution of issues.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 year college degree)
- Study in one of the following areas is preferred: Chemistry, Microbiology, Math, Statistics, or Food Science.
- 3 years production experience.
- · Knowledge of manufacturing processes, GMP's, food safety, GLP’s, statistics and lab techniques.
- · Experience in Food Systems, audit experience, with ASQ – CQA certification.
- · This individual must possess excellent organizational and problem solving skills, the ability to work with a PC and have demonstrated math/statistical computation skills.
- · Knowledge of SPC; the ability to work safely with chemicals, as well as, in and around equipment; the ability to compile, analyze and present collected data in summary form as well as being capable of performing a variety of tests.
- · Must be able to communicate technical, scientific, and regulatory information, both written and verbally.
- · Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to make presentations, facilitate meetings, probe for root cause, and provide training to various groups within the organization and have knowledge of quality problem solving tools.
- · Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
· Work under the direction provided by QA Manager.
· Work closely with Line Managers and Production Team Members.
· Support activities of the QA Lead Technician, Product Teams, QA Food Safety Manager, QA Engineers, and QA Document Control Technologist.
· Projects include routine day-to-day production support activities.
· There is frequent contact with Production, Maintenance, Engineering, Product Development (ITE), and Purchasing.
· Priorities determined by QA Manager and Production Team needs.
· Contact with outside vendors/suppliers to evaluate products, ingredients, and equipment as needed for special projects and normal operations. Provide audit support for supplier programs.
· Identification of unusual occurrences or trends relating to production processes.
· Will take initiative to communicate process/product trends to Product Teams for further studies or evaluation.
· Work collaboratively with Production Teams and staff to identify root causes and corrective action in the continuous improvement process.
· Application of scientific methodology and quality tools in gathering information, compiling and presenting it in a summary and usable format.
· Job elements and considerations are safety, cost, feasibility, time, labor, etc.
· Maintain an extensive knowledge of all plant systems and possess a technical vocabulary.
· Works under the general direction of QA Manager, but may take work direction from the QA Operations/Food Safety Manger.
· Projects are assigned by QA Manager but may also be self-initiated.
· This position will require off-shift and weekend work.
· Completing audits and analyses as required, to support the needs of the Operation Teams improvement efforts.
· Provide appropriate training on GMPs and quality systems to Operation Teams.
· Work with cross functional group to evaluate and monitor program assignments.
· Provide summary feedback to QA Manager, Operation Teams and Line Managers on key measurements related to program assignments.
· Provide accurate gathering, compiling, analysis and summary of information by which improvement decisions are based.
· Provide technical support in the fact-finding process related to non-compliance, HACCP violations, and incoming ingredient and packaging incidents.
· Providing input for decisions regarding product quality, safety and efficiency issues.
· Decisions made by this individual may significantly impact manufacturing cost, production efficiencies, and customer satisfaction.
MOM Brands is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify
MOM Brands - 2 years ago
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...