Broadwind Energy is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician. This position is located in Abilene, TX. The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for ensuring quality and any customer related issues or problems are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. The position is a key element for serving our customer base, thus making the position very demanding with full responsibility and accountability for its effectiveness in achieving our overall goal of supplying excellent Quality. In addition, the position demands controls and procedures to ensure products are consistently built and shipped to meet Customer specifications and requirements, including on time delivery. Performs a variety of Quality related functions. Assists and directs Quality Assurance Inspectors with emphasis on Quality by performing the following duties.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Prepares routine reports, helps develop and implement forms, procedures and formulates policies.
- Accurate process of paperwork
- Audit incoming materials, manufactured components, and finished goods for conformance to quality standards
- Verification of product to specification
- Maintenance of inspection tools and equipment
- Ability to accurately use all measuring devices
- Ability to read blueprints and have an understanding of lean manufacturing practices and cost effectiveness
- Reviews and stays abreast with ISO requirements, comments and updates
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, or via e-mail, vendors, co-workers and subordinates as a representative of the company
- Responsible for all aspects of quality related records. Generates and maintains complete files for quality
- Assist with any other projects as needed
- Ability to follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and/or infectious control standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in quality applications
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance in area of specialty.
- Ability to demonstrate proper operation of tools, instruments, equipment and work aids used in performing quality related tasks.
- High School diploma/GED and equivalent of 1 year experience in Quality required.
- Education in quality related courses and problem solving techniques (i.e. Statistical Process Control, good manufacturing practices and Statistical Quality Control).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power POint, and can effectively use email.
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remanufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. with facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of their investments - quicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website www.bwen.com to learn more about our organization
Broadwind Energy Inc. (Broadwind) is a supplier of value-added products and services to the North American wind energy sector, as well as...