The function of the Quality Assurance Technician is to ensure quality and any customer related issues or problems are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. The position is a key element for serving our customer base, thus making the position very demanding with full responsibility and accountability for its effectiveness in achieving our overall goal of supplying excellent Quality.This position performs a variety of Quality related functions. Assists and directs Quality Assurance Inspectors with emphasis on Quality by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Accurate process of paperwork
- Audit incoming materials, manufactured components, and finished goods for conformance to quality standards
- Verification of product to specification
- Ability to read blueprints and have an understanding of lean manufacturing practices and cost effectiveness
- Reviews and stays abreast with ISO requirements, Customer Specifications and industry recommendations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, or via e-mail, vendors, co-workers and subordinates as a representative of the company
- Responsible for all aspects of quality related records. Generates and maintains complete files for quality
- Ability to follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and/or infectious control standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in quality applications
- Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance in area of specialty.
- Ability to demonstrate proper operation of tools, instruments, equipment and work aids used in performing quality related tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety. Determine and enforce, through functional groups, quality and safety requirements in accordance with real company needs, based on current regulations and state of the art product development. Organize and promote company wide quality improvement efforts. Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability and safety.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Position requires the ability to lead guide and train personnel performing related work
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma/GED and the equivalent of 1 year experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Has experience preferably in a field that offers a well rounded background. Additional education in quality related courses and problem solving techniques (i.e. Statistical Process Control, good manufacturing practices and Statistical Quality Control). Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, and can effectively use e-mail.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write reports, policies, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before employees and as a representative of the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense in carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral and/or diagram form. Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and problem solve.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, climb, bend and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in an The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a factory production work environment as well as in the interior office work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.