JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician
REPORTS TO: Quality Assurance Manager
HOURS: 3rd Shift (11:00 pm - 7:30 am) Monday - Friday
Capably manage day to day quality assurance issues which arise and maintain standards for quality in the processing of dry mix bakery products. Functions as a member of the quality assurance team and performs various tests and audits on raw materials and finished goods, as well as on the processing and packaging lines. This technical position assures regulatory compliance, prduct safety and product quality.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
- Tests dry mix product samples for performance to CM quality standards using appropriate sensory and/or analytical tools.
- Determines dry mix product acceptability based on experience with product, specifications, knowledge of customer and consideration of food safety and labeling issues.
- Conducts line audits to verify correct packaging, labeling, codes, unit weights, and processing parameters.
- Pulls samples and analyzes raw materials for acceptability on an as-needed basis.
- Accurately records observations and test results. Follows prescribed lab testing procedures, including the use of all QA equipment.
- Audits production batch tickets and responds/reacts to potential information discrepencies.
- Understands and uses CM computer software, including E-mail, Word, Excel, JDE, RMWP, Eagle, and the QA Access database.
- Understand and follows hold and rework procedures including material disposition process and effective use of raw material and rework hotlines.
- Exercises basic troubleshooting, problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve quality issues.
- Recommends rework options and/or formulation changes to accommodate rework usage.
- Serves as an effective resource to the manufacturing team and other internal customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Practice open and effective communication with all members of the department and throughout the plant.
- Value safety highly.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-direction in planning, organizing, documenting, and solving problems.
- Demonstrate solid mathematical and verbal skills.
- Commitment to quality.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to develop quality system documents.
- Capable of complete and accurate documentation and record keeping.
- Capable of meeting the physical and mental requirements established for the position.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in a Science related field preferred
- Two years of experience in quality control
- SPC experience preferred
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.
Continental Mills - 11 months ago