2nd Shift Quality Assurance Techs
Van Buren Cook Facility-Van Buren, Arkansas
Simmons Foods is a family owned business known for its foresight, innovation, and loyalty to customers. If you like working in a strong culture of teamwork that is built on open and honest communication we have the right career for you in food production!
Simmons Foods is currently seeking Quality Assurance Technicians (QA Techs) to join our team at our Cook plant located in Van Buren, Arkansas. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing organization that produces food products to feed America!
To perform inspection procedures on all assigned lines, in departments or facilities according to the established standards for each area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math at 12th grade level.
- Must be able to work in cool, wet, noisy environment.
- Must be able to work on feet for entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds of product anywhere from floor to waist level when doing weight checks.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Will be expected to learn 90% of all quality assurance positions within the assigned facility by the end of 90 days.
- Will understand customer requirements to be able to identify product specifications and all plant requirements for area assigned.
- Will be able to pass a basic math test.
- Communicates with production personnel and U.S.D.A. inspectors.
- Marks and tags defects in product according to established standards.
- Performs a series of inspections each hour on a wide range of products as assigned.
- Records inspection findings on control charts and other worksheets.
- Verifies calibration of measuring equipment as required.
- Accomplishes quality performance in all responsibilities being performed in a manner, which meets or exceeds all line, department, facility, company, customer, and U.S.D.A. guidelines or grading process for a total quality program of continuous process improvement.
Simmons has grown up with an approach that results in continuous improvements in everything we do – from advances in processing...