Under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Technician audits plant operations, coordinates in-process and finished product release, and facilitates process control and quality improvement efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and audits sanitation processes
- Inspects process control points, Critical Control Points, and Essential Quality Attributes
- Works together with Sanitation Crew on SSOP’s .
- Performs sensory evaluations of ingredients and product
- Provides technical support, training and skill development to production personnel on various quality and food safety techniques.
- Available to work variable shifts, including days, swing, nights and weekends as required.
- Posesses strong organizations skills and ability to multi-task.
- Posesses strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must possess a positive attitude and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Bilingual fluency (verbal and written) in both English and Spanish is required.
- Demonstrates the ability to think clearly and connect related ideas as they arise in different situations.
- Demonstrates dependability and good attendance/punctuality.
This is an entry level position and provides a developmental opportunity for advancement and growth within the SunOpta Quality organization.
- High School diploma or GED required; or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- General knowledge of quality systems and regulatory requirements, preferred.
SunOpta Inc. - 2 years ago
SunOpta is a leading global company with a focus on natural, organic and specialty foods. We specialize in the sourcing, processing and...