Product testing includes testing software activities geared for elementary school-aged children (Pre-K to 6th grade). The tester will be responsible to follow previously written test cases and compare the product to specifications written for each activity, write new test cases based on the specifications, write clear defects when problems are found, and write instructional information for other testers. The position oversees and executes manual and automated test cases, analyzes results, and assists in regression and feature testing. Candidates must be able to concentrate, stay focused for long periods of time, and stay on task. There are many opportunities for technical growth in this position, dependent on the aptitude and drive of the individual.
- The successful candidate will have 0-2 years of applicable professional QA experience or working on a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- The ability to communicate at a college level, verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A great desire to help customers and coworkers succeed
- A strong passion for defending product quality
- General knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- General knowledge of networking
Desirable Technical Skills
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and specific knowledge of quality processes
- Ability and drive to research new tools, create documentation, and make recommendations to improve efficiency of testing process
- Native-speaking abilities in a foreign language
- Knowledge and use of Mac OS X 10 (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion)
- Knowledge and use of iOS versions
- Familiarity with Agile development process
- Knowledge of testing efficiency aids such as VMware, Imaging tools, Defect tracking tools, Test Case tracking tools, etc.
Imagine Learning is your language and literacy solution, providing award-winning educational software to hundreds of thousands of students...