Quality Assurance Tester
- Requisition #: 202940601
- Job Category: Information Systems
- Operation: OPSV
- Job Group: FT Supervisor
- Job Grade: 20D
- Job Code: 4393
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: PARAMUS, NJ 07652 - 650 BUILDING
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
Once known as a trucking company, UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Quality Assurance Tester executes Information Services (I.S.) Quality Assurance (QA) processes with moderate guidance. He/She identifies problems, generates alternatives, and recommends solutions within defined processes. This position documents the progress of assigned tasks to ensure objectives are met. He/She collaborates effectively with QA team members, application developers, software vendors, consultants, user communities, and test environment technical support staff in the execution of testing procedures. This position supports testing efforts of small to medium complexity.
The Quality Assurance Tester is knowledgeable of the key processes and technology within the business functions he/she supports.
Executes Tests and Analyzes Results
Assists in Designing Test Ware
- Executes tests to compare results with requirements, to verify test requirements, to identify defects, and to ensure compliance (e.g., systems, functionality, etc.).
- Executes and validates test set-up to ensure the environment is ready for testing.
- Identifies and provides initial analysis to develop and implement appropriate actions.
- Documents test results to support the efficient resolution of problems and to capture defect data.
- Communicates test results with others (e.g., management, development teams, business users, etc.) to provide updates (e.g., estimated project end date, defects, functionality, etc.).
Assists with Isolating Defects in Processes and Products
- Assists in designing and modifying test ware (e.g., test scenarios, scripts, etc.) of small to medium level complexity to ensure test coverage for assigned responsibilities.
- Analyzes requirements and system processes of low complexity to ensure complete test coverage and requirement testability.
- Collaborates with business analysts, business users, and development stakeholders to gather data for test coverage.
Assists in Maintaining Standard Test Methods and Procedures
- Recreates identified defects to assist in the resolution process.
- Identifies defects in processes and products to support fixes, to meet standards, and to ensure effectiveness.
- Participates in defect management with the project management team to ensure defects are fixed in a timely manner and to validate the defect management database is accurate.
Primary Skill: Mercury (HP) QTP
- Evaluates testing processes and methods to ensure consistency based upon standards.
- Assists in maintaining standard test methods and procedures to verify business applications.
- Recommends modifications to standard testing processes to improve quality and effectiveness.
SQL Language - Intermediate
XML - Intermediate
HTML - Intermediate
Web Development Technologies - Intermediate
LoadRunner - Intermediate
TeamTrack - Intermediate
Mercury QTP - Intermediate
Microsoft Office - Intermediate
The desired Quality Assurance Tester will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
UPS - 16 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...