"ARGO is the leading software provider of solutions for the financial services industry. Today, our customers come from all parts of the financial services world—from the nation's largest banks to community-centered credit originators and processors. Over 40 of the nation's top financial institutions use ARGO solutions to process more than 65 million transactions in 35,000 financial centers each day. Financial institutions depend on ARGO because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Come join ARGO and let your ingenious ideas be heard. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the financial institutions do business.
BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
Supports application and system software testing tasks to assure customer satisfaction with application accuracy, quality, and adherence to standards.
The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for the core activities of the testing effort. Job duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Work with Product and Project Managers to develop and execute test plans to validate the quality of software prior to release to Customers
- Work with Customers to support their testing and Implementation of ARGO Solutions
- Develop test plans including scope, schedule, level of effort, resources, test strategy, etc.
- Execute test plans including managing workload of a team of testers, tracking progress, monitoring issue reporting and resolution, generating status reports
- Analyze and evaluate requirement and design documents to determine gaps
- Develop test cases and scripts
- Execute test scripts, and identify and document defects
- Verify defect resolution
- Analyze and document test results
- Support client testing, as needed, including planning and preparation, execution, researching problems reported in UAT and production, and communicating results with appropriate parties for resolution.
- 7+ years of professional experience including 5 years in software testing.
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies
- Solid knowledge with hands on experience of Banking industry software applications
- Ability to lead QA projects and to mentor junior team members
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to develop test plans and to execute testing activities against those plans
- Good oral and written communication skills including ability to communicate with external clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of relevant computing platforms (client-server/web applications, Microsoft OS and Database)
- Working knowledge of the full Software Development Life Cycle including implementation, maintenance, enhancement, and replacement
- Proficient in using MS Office applications
- Hands on experience using testing tools such as Quality Center
- Expert knowledge of company and department standards.
- Excellent time management skills.
A Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) Computer Science (CS) or similar or equivalent experience is required for the position.
ARGO Data Resource Corporation - 2 years ago