• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to speak and communicate in English
• Must have previous quality control and production/operation experience
• Must have basic computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to analyze problems, lead and motivate others and find solutions
• Must be able to work in cool conditions (35 to 45 degrees)
• Must be able to be on feet majority of the day
• Must be able to bend, twist, turn, push, pull
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Must be able to reach over head
• Must be available for work Monday through Friday generally 3:30PM to 12:30AM. Flexible schedule to include occasional weekends (Saturday)
Deli Express is a family-owned company with production based in Eden Prairie that makes and distributes sandwiches and other food products.
The Quality Auditor is responsible for performing audits of the production process to ensure product has met all in-house specifications, standards and has been produced using good manufacturing practices (GMPs). This position also assists in inspecting plant areas to ensure we are in compliance with all USDA, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
• Execute assigned food safety, quality and continuous improvement activities to support SQF (Safe Quality Food) 2000 requirements, regulatory requirements and customer requirements
• Assists in preparing the production line for start up with regard to materials and equipment.
• Maintains accurate completion of downtime reports and raw material production reports for each work order within 30 minutes of each work order’s completion.
• Fill out people schedule for each period and ensure proper employee rotation schedule for each work order.
• Works together with production employees, as well as, Supervisor, Lead and maintenance to assemble the lowest cost, highest quality product possible.
• Ensures all data collecting of raw material waste and determines whether it is supplier defect or manufacture waste. Responsible for time submission of all data with each work order’s completion.
• Ensures all products are produced to work order specifications and food safety requirements.
• Monitors line and equipment cleanliness prior to start of day and after each break.
• Documents any infractions found and notifies proper personnel or mechanic.
• Ensures portion control on line and documentation.
• Records and documents net weights, problems and any corrective action taken once per period and at every change over.
• Monitors production run (raw materials used and finished product) for product quality deviations (moldy bread buns, foreign materials, uncooked patties, etc.)
E. A. Sween Company - 19 months ago