Masters Degree Preferred
CPR American Heart Association
5 years experience required
Supervisory experience preferred
Accountable for delivery of quality care for all patients across the continuum of care through nursing staff development and commitment to enhancing and elevating nursing sensitive core measure compliance. Responsible for the development, implementation and management of a patient focused approach to care that efficiently, effectively and proactively manages clinical and quality outcomes in a cost effective manner.
· Provision and promotion of quality care for patients through the utilization of an interdisciplinary team approach, with the purpose of promoting/enhancing the skill set of staff nurses and elevating critical thinking skills.
· Provides managerial leadership to the Quality Care Coordination (QCC) team.
· Assumes accountability for staff development programs and activities.
· Efficiently and effectively manages patient care
· Evaluates clinical and quality outcomes for patient population
· Maintains active role in problem identification and problem solving based on current research and professional practice standards.
· Serves as a liaison for patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
EDUCATION, SPECIAL SKILLS, PHYSICAL ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana
- Masters Degree preferred
- Previous staff development experience a plus
- At least 5 years clinical experience - 10 years preferred
- Excellent patient assessment and critical thinking skills
- Requires self-direction, leadership, delegation, and teaching ability
- Communicates tactfully and effectively with physicians, patients, families, nursing staff, and other hospital departments and the public. Conveys a positive attitude and image internally and in the community.
- Ability to analyze and creatively solve patient care issues in a proactive and positive manner. Exhibits innovative ideas for nursing advancement.
- Demonstrates a professional, positive, flexible, and open minded manner with a willingness and desire to “go the extra mile”.
Community Healthcare System - 11 months ago