Job Title: Quality Control and Training Manager |
Department: York Lab
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared by: Human Resources
Prepared Date: 2/11/2013
Avertest, a multi-location forensic drug screening service provider, is seeking a highly motivated individual to manage training and quality control in regional facilities. This position is designed to allow for career advancement and will report directly to the General Manager.
The primary role of the Quality Control and Training Manager is to monitor and track the performance of each Avertest location to ensure that each location consistently provides high quality screening results and that Avertest employees receive continuous training and development so that they may provide our clients with superior service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide continuous training to employees in the following areas:
- Sample Collection
- DOT collection
- Drug and Recovery Court collection
- Chain of Custody procedures
- Sample Processing
- Train and monitor employees in processing samples, including the use and maintenance of equipment; the proper handling, storage, and disposal of samples; and the proper handling, storage, and disposal of items used in the processing of samples, including reagents, cups, pipettes, and other disposables.
- Recording and reporting results
- Manage primary responsibility for maintaining high quality office locations
- Establish and maintain a checklist to verify that equipment, facilities, and materials are in good working order.
- Conduct monthly or bimonthly visits to each office
- On a monthly basis review the status of the office and verify that all equipment is in working order (check list to be established, see above bullet)
- Review with the office employees any outstanding maintenance issues and provide any additional training – the Manager should oversee the employee as they go through the daily start check list to confirm the employee knows how to check controls on the analyzer daily.
- The Manager should conduct screens on 5 randomly chosen samples from storage to confirm prior results.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures for location operations. The location processes and procedures should cover everything from the start to the end of the day and from client greeting to results reporting.
- Develop an annual training schedule that focuses on specific topics throughout the year.
- Coordinate monthly employee training sessions and opportunities with the General Manger and location supervisors.
- Assist with updating the training manuals
A degree in CLT or MLS and 4-7 years of experience is preferred. Experience managing a forensic toxicology laboratory is a plus. Previous experience working in a laboratory is required to perform this job successfully. A CTL and/or MLS license/certification is preferred.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.