Quality Control (QC) Lab Technician
Consistently ranked in the top ten global coatings companies worldwide, the Valspar Corporation is a global leader in the paint and coatings industry. Since 1806, Valspar has been dedicated to bringing customers the latest innovations, the finest quality and the best service - we know this because our customers tell us so. With more than $4.0 billion in sales and more than 10,000 employees in over 30 countries, Valspar is in a unique position to supply customers with best-in-class coating solutions in the coatings industry. Valspar has embarked upon a long-term initiative to drive continued, sustainable improvement in core business processes using Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methods and tools. These process improvements have already realised increased productivity across the entire company as the business further strengthens its strong market positioning.
Valspar coatings surround us at work and at home, from food and beverage packaging to iconic buildings, from lawn tractors to cars and heavy equipment, from oil pipes to wood furniture, from walls in homes and offices to hundreds of other uses. If it matters, we're on it. Valspar's paints, stains, and coatings are sold to industrial customers and consumers under recognized global brands, including the flagship Valspar brand, Cabot wood stains, Huarun paints in China, and Wattyl paints in Australia.
Valspar's packaging product line includes coatings for the interior and exterior of metal containers, most notably food containers and beverage cans, as well as coatings for aerosol and paint cans, crowns for glass bottles, and plastic and bottle closures. Ranked number one in global packaging, we produce packaging coatings for some of the top consumer brands in the market.
Packaging Coatings represents a highly strategic market for Valspar, and we are fully committed to this segment. Our mission is to be the preferred Packaging Coatings Supplier to the European market through forward-thinking product development, unparalleled customer service, and superior technical support. Through empowerment, knowledge, and passion, Valspar Packaging Europe remains a customer driven organization – Voice of the Customer is at the core of innovation and sustainability for us. In addition, the market is on the cusp of dramatic change with governmental requirements affecting the use of BPA - Valspar is in the forefront of innovation in this area.
We are currently seeking a solid Quality Control (QC) Lab Technician for our Packaging Powder division to be based at the company’s facility in Grüningen , (near Zurich) , Switzerland . This role reports to the Technical Director who is also based at the site.
The core role objectives are to:
- Perform a variety of quality control tests and calculations
- Recommend general formula or material adjustments
- Respond to several customer questions and concerns
Critical elements and core responsibilities for this role will include:
- Perform tests on product samples to ensure product quality meets standards and requirements.
- Ensure test documentation is complete and accurate
- Through analysis, determine if product is within proper boundaries
- Recommend general technical formula or material adjustments to the product based on test results and judgment
- Clean, maintain, and calibrate lab equipment and maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Proactively interact with production, maintenance, technology, and other plant personnel to communicate test results, recommend corrective action, and provide guidance on quality control issues
- Respond to general customer questions and complaints regarding product quality, test results, and other information
- In line with business objectives, perform other duties as assigned
- Have worked in a lab performing general quality control tests and utilizing quality control laboratory equipment
- Have worked in a lab reading and interpreting quality control results within general guidelines
- Possess an understanding of basic production and general manufacturing processes
- Solid experience completing technical forms and documentation
- Be comfortable working on a PC, namely with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications
- Be effective communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction
- Possess fluency in German with good knowledge in English
- Completion of apprentice program as a Laborant, either as Lack-Laborant or Chemie-Laborant, or relevant work experience.
The Valspar Corporation is one of the largest global manufacturers and distributors of paints and coatings in the $100 billion coatings...