About the Job
Responsible for delivering high-quality software products through application testing, and contribution to continuous improvement of Quality Control (QC) and cross-functional software development processes.
Applies experience, intelligence, and creativity to resolve a wide range of moderately complex issues; seeks guidance from other relevant experts on most complex issues (e.g., technical or business complexity). This job is the fully qualified, career oriented, journey level position.
About the Team
Along with the Development, Product Management, and other cross-functional teams, the Quality Control team is responsible for on-time delivery of high-quality software releases. The team works together with other functions in small, highly collaborative and empowered teams.
- Independently test new software applications and modifications to ensure that software operates as intended.
- Obtain and analyze system requirements to develop an understanding of the business needs and functionalities of the new application.
- Write test plans when needed.
- Develop and run test scripts to uncover program defects. Confirm defect fixes applied correct the defects identified and don't introduce new issues.
- Perform log/system analysis to identify application issues.
- Implement and monitor daily testing of builds to monitor application code changes.
- Update/maintain test scripts to account for changes in application.
- Peer review of other test scripts.
- Document work performed and track progress of project.
- Report on individual or team testing progress
- Demonstrate the functional aspects of the software to other individuals or groups.
- Education – BS degree (highly preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Quality and Systems Development methodologies
- Working knowledge of issue/defect tracking tools such as Jira, Test Director etc.
- Highly analytical, pro‐active and detail oriented
- Must be a self‐starter and be able to operate independently within a team members situated globally.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a multi‐site environment with on shore and off shore team
- Experience with:
- Quality testing procedures and methodologies
- Testing of web based applications
- Functions of operating systems and browsers
- Policies and procedures related to product development
- Manual test scripts
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology a strong plus
IntraLinks, Inc - 4 months ago
IntraLinks offers its clients inside connections. The company provides hosted software used by businesses to create secure, collaborative...