Arbor Commercial Mortgage, LLC specializes in the origination of debt and equity financing and servicing for multifamily, residential, healthcare and other diverse commercial real estate assets. A national direct lender, Arbor is headquartered on Long Island in Uniondale, New York, and has additional offices throughout the United States.
Arbor has built a reputation as a proven performer within the mortgage banking industry by providing conventional lending resources through Fannie Mae, FHA and conduit lending programs. Arbor also combines traditional mortgage lending practices with innovative investment strategies to offer structured banking services of mezzanine and bridge debt, equity participations and note acquisitions.
Arbor’s Uniondale, New York office, in Nassau County, has an immediate opening for a Quality Control Analyst to work in our Compliance department. The Quality Control Analyst will be responsible for auditing our Fannie Mae closed loan files, analyzing and reporting on significant loan quality trends and initiating necessary action to improve efficiency, document accuracy and compliance as it relates to Fannie Mae guidelines, as well as other select duties.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review closed loan files to ensure proper and accurate documentation and creating reports for senior management.
- Ensure any and all post closing loan conditions are met and documented accordingly
- Execute file testing as it relates to compliance initiatives
- Prepare and distribute quarterly and year-end summary highlights to report results and corrective actions.
- Project managing select initiatives, as appropriate
The qualified candidate should have a 4-year Bachelors degree. The candidate should possess strong communication skills and should have an understanding of the commercial real estate/multifamily market and quality control/compliance/audit experience, preferably within the commercial multifamily industry.
Other requirements are as follows:
- Minimum of 3 years of underwriting or operations experience with a concentration in compliance or quality control.
- Minimum of 3 years audit experience within the commercial real estate/multifamily industry.
- Understanding of traditional commercial mortgage origination and underwriting practices.
- A general understanding of Commercial Loan Servicing
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae's underwriting and quality control guidelines.
- A basic knowledge of FHA loans and the FHA multifamily product line, a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Candidate must posses strong organizational skills and be teamwork and results oriented.
- Light travel is required.
Arbor offers an excellent benefits package including 401(k) with a company match.