At Control Group, we use our deep technical chops and user-centric design philosophies to create new products and platforms. Our client projects vary across web, mobile, installation, enterprise IT, and physical computing. From self-aware casino tables to iOS point-of-sale to e-commerce web platforms to interactive rooms and exhibits, our projects are always different and our relationships always ambitious.
We are seeking a Quality Control Analyst to join our team.
At Control Group we believe that Quality Control starts when the project starts, not when the developers are finished. Quality Control Analysts are part of every project’s core team.
Our application development group works mostly in Ruby with Rails 3 (on JRuby), PHP5 with Yii, iOS, and Android. We also hack on tons of Node, Flex, JS, Java, HTML5, and sensor-based or physical computing platforms.
We work in a ScrumBan style, collaborate intensely with clients, and all act as full-suite product tinkerers – from quality control to coders to designers to product managers to DevOPs. We believe in TDD/BDD and make sure our CI stays green. We’re obsessed with high quality and a great user experience. We’re looking for Quality Control Analysts who don’t want to just make sure it isn’t broken, but want to make sure it’s the best of its kind.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
Test products to ensure that they meet requirements, conform to design specifications, and perform according to quality standards, including:
- Execution of test plans and test cases to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards, development specifications, and client requirements.
- Reporting bugs and tracking status through a resolution system.
- Build and maintain test tools and test applications to perform functional, load and performance testing.
Help shape and monitor test plans for scalability, security, functionality, and usability
The successful candidate will:
- Review tests and help ensure alignment between testability and user stories
- Review system requirements and business processes.
- Work as a senior member within a team of Quality Control Analysts to meet project schedules and quality standards.
- Mentor less senior Quality Control Analysts in test case design/execution and testing tools.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement efforts.
- Work closely with other QC analysts, Developers, Designers, DevOps, and Product Owners to ensure we deliver quality products to clients.
- Act as a client and/or user advocate when appropriate and treat every project like it’s your own. At Control Group, QC is not just about confirming that the user can use it, but also about making sure the user would want to use it.
- Provide lower-cost or lower-risk alternatives to proposed solutions.
- Think strategically and share strategic insights with Product Owner, Scrum Master, and team.
Success will be measured by:
- Quality of products.
- Contributions to testing tool suite.
- Happiness of clients and partners.
Eligible candidates should possess the following:
The job is NYC based, with minimal travel required (though we often have opportunities with large national and international clients).
- College degree, preferably in computer science, HCI, Information Management (preferred)
- 5+ years as a Quality Control professional
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable web, mobile, embedded, or physical installation project experience
- GitHub (or similar) account for code review of patches and projects
- A good reputation and references in prior engagements
- Experience with PHP & Yii; (J)Ruby & Rails; Python & Django; iOS; Cocoa; Android; HTML, CSS, JQuery, Flex, or Node.js is a plus
- Understanding and appreciation of adaptive development methods (agile and lean)
- Experience with automated testing tools such as XUnit, SoapUI, Selenium, Watir
- Experience with LINUX command-line environments (preferred)
- Superior organizational skills.
- Strong analysis and autonomous problem discovery and solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a creative thinker.
- Self-motivated (self-starter) and intellectually curious.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment, adjusting appropriately to changes to business, resource, or product priorities.
How to apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – don’t forget to tell us about yourself!
Subject line must read, Quality Control Analyst
github：jobs - 11 months ago