The Quality Control (‘QC’) Analyst performs auditing functions and monitoring in accordance with the Quality Control (“QC”) Compliance Program to help ensure the Bank is complying with various lending-related state and federal regulations as well as Government Sponsored Enterprise (“GSE”) / Investor and Bank guidelines and policies. The QC Analyst will be responsible for the following activities:
- Independently coordinate and complete assigned audits as required by the Bank’s QC Compliance Program (e.g., Post-Closing, RESPA, CFPB, Fair Lending / Adverse Action, Regulation C, Regulation Z, TILA, Biggert Waters, CIP)
- Identify and report on compliance and operational defects or violations of the specific audited program to lines of business, senior management, internal audit and applicable board committees
- Monitor on-going department improvement efforts resulting from audit findings to help ensure effective remediation
- Proactively maintain an extensive and well-versed understanding of state & federal regulations as well is GSE / Investor guidelines
- Perform a post-closing loan analysis to help ensure loan documents, the origination, underwriting and funding of mortgage loans were in accordance with the Bank’s QC Compliance Program, policies and procedures, state and Federal regulations and GSE/investor guidelines.
- Perform Denied / Withdrawn file loan analysis in accordance with the Bank’s QC Compliance Program and Adverse Action / Fair Lending requirements.
- Help ensure audits are performed in a timely manner in accordance with the Bank’s QC Compliance Program, policies and procedures, state and federal regulations and GSE / Investor guidelines.
- Perform discretionary / targeted audits in accordance with procedures, as assigned.
- Maintain a proficient understanding of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (“HMDA”) and Community Reinvestment Act (“CRA”) Compliance.
- Proactively maintain a comprehensive knowledge of pending and current regulatory changes from government agencies, as well as policy changes from GSEs and Investors and Bank policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update various logs and QC databases to meet departmental and auditing requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. / B.A.) from an accredited educational institution. May hold an Associate’s degree
- Requires direct experience in post-closing Quality Control and / or Mortgage Operations or equivalent
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulatory materials, financial reports, and legal documents
- Possess technical proficiency in regulatory compliance matters and regulations.
- Excellent working knowledge with the following software programs: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Practices discretion with regard to customer and employee confidential information
- Ability to maintain professional integrity, maturity and judgment, even while faced with opposition
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Team oriented and flexible
- Familiar with all functional areas of mortgage lending and related laws, regulations and guidelines, including mortgage loan processing and underwriting