Quality Control Assembly Inspector
Honda Aircraft Company, LLC
In a team oriented environment, performs all tasks in area of responsibility in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and installations are built to type design data.
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and work procedures.
- Perform conformity inspection of components, major assemblies, sub-assemblies, and parts during manufacturing, modifications, and installations to determine conformance to applicable drawings, specifications, quality standards, and manufacturing plans.
- Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures.
- Observe and/or perform in-process and completed aircraft operational checkout of electrical, avionics, mechanical, oxygen, hydraulic, fuel, and pneumatic systems to determine structural and functional soundness of aircraft.
- Identify, document, and track discrepancies using SAP
- Use a variety of inspection aids, and precision testing and measurement equipment such as ohmmeters, output meters, flashlights and mirrors, calipers, feeler gauges, scales, ball gauges, micrometers, etc as necessary to determine proper adjustment and operation of aircraft systems.
- Accurately enter electronic data related to aircraft production, completion, and installation operations.
- Focus on manufacturing demands by multi-tasking and meeting schedule deadlines.
- Seek ways to improve / streamline inspection methods and communication channels
- Cooperative behavior and a helpful attitude.
- Comply with Honda’s values and ethical standards and all applicable policies.
- Prepares necessary aircraft related FAA, company, and customer documents.
- Support other activities as required by company requirements and management direction.
- Ability to work any shift and weekends as required.
Education, Training, and Skills:
- High School Diploma required
- Associate Degree or higher preferred
- Must have good English written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess good written/verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in computer applications such as Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel, Powerpoint preferred
- Previous experience in SAP and TeamCenter applications preferred
American Honda Motor Co. - 7 months ago
Nearly 30 years after we began building the Honda Accord in America, the news that Honda will build the fuel-efficient Honda Fit in our new...